Senior Network Engineer
LendingTree Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love a challenging and fast paced environment? Can you troubleshoot your connection through an AP, to a switch, through a router, through the firewall, through the SDN, and into a cloud? Do you have experience in application aware next-generation firewalls? Can you do it all from unboxing a switch to configuring RADIUS authentication for an AP to troubleshooting BGP peering issues over a VPN connection to automating a configuration deployment to 100 switches at once? Do you make Visio floorplans of the furniture layout in your house? Do you speak in acronyms like TCP/IP, DNS, EIGRP, AAA, DNS, BGP, OSFP, SSH, 802.1x and others?
If the answer is yes – you might be a fit – and you'll deserve a free cold beer in the company break room at the end of the day.What you'll do
- Design, configure, implement, and run LendingTree's network, from our headquarters in Charlotte into the cloud or to remote offices across the country or on the other side of the world.
- Manage our Wi-Fi, firewalls, switching, and routing infrastructure - primarily Palo Alto, Aruba, and Cisco.
- Configure and manage Palo Alto Firewalls with zero-trust architecture.
- Configure and manage Aruba wireless technologies.
- Support Aruba Clearpass 802.1x authentication.
- Develop LendingTree's Software Defined Networking capabilities & competencies.
- Work with our DevOps team on networking in Azure and AWS clouds.
- Evaluate new products, perform network problem resolution, and assist in the development and documentation of technical standards and network policies, standards, and procedure documents.
- Collaborate with a creative team who not only fixes problems, but also identifies ways to prevent them from reoccurring. You're not the type to want to do things twice.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation to ensure network systems stay up and running at all times (well, maybe 99.999ish% of the time …)
What we'd like to ee you bring to the table
- 5-10 years of experinece in an enterprise IT environment and some Professional or Expert level certifications – like CCNP or CCIE, AWS SA, AWS Network Specialty, AWS Security Specialty, Azure Security Engineer, Azure Administrator, PCNSA, PCNSE, ACSA, ACSX, CISSP …
- Experience with Aruba, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, or any big networking company's gear.
- Experience with one or more monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Tembria, SumoLogic, Nagios, etc.
- Software Defined Networking Skills (SDN) – Python, Ansible, Netconf, Jinja, Yang, XML/JSON.
- You're not afraid to learn new things, make mistakes, and ultimately get s___ done
- You dig tech and are Intellectually curious about technology (you know if you are!)
- Experience managing a Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure or Linux Systems, especially network related services such as DHCP, DNS and NTP.
- Hands on experience with: Aruba Clearpass, Aruba HPE Switching, Aruba AP's, Palo Alto Firewalls, OSPF and BGP routing, VPN tunnel troubleshooting IKE and IPSEC.
TechnologyView all jobs at LendingTree