Senior Scheduler (Airport) URGENT
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Scheduler located in Los Angeles with our client, Los Angeles World Airports with experience in aviation facilities construction, particularly airport flat and vertical work. The Senior Scheduler will participate as integral member of LAWA's construction efforts for various airfield elements including taxiway and ADP projects.
- Review Contractor's Baseline Construction Schedule for conformance with the Plans and Specification to ensuring proper WBS breakdown, sequencing, critical path and logic ties, and inclusion of all activities, resource loading, etc. necessary for approval.
- Perform and coordinate constructability review on Contractor's Baseline Schedule submittal and identify any missing activities, float sequestering or suppression techniques/issues or any other conflicts or shortcomings.
- Ensure that project WBS are properly coded and resource loaded.
- Provide written evaluation, comments and responses on Baseline Schedule submittal.
- Coordinate with Contractor Scheduler as necessary for clarification and resolution of schedule deficiencies.
- Review Contractor's Monthly Schedule updates in conformance with the plans and specification and identifying any logic changes or inaccurate progress reporting, critical path changes or other pertinent items necessary.
- Identify variations from the plan and analyses and report on the cause of the variations.
- Review construction progress and inspection reports and maintain an accurate "as built" schedule for use during construction and for evaluation of Contractor's Monthly Schedule updates and any Time Impact Analysis (TIA) submittal.
- Attend weekly construction meeting and monitor 3 Week Look Ahead Schedules for accuracy and identify any inconsistency with Baseline/Schedule updates. Promptly reporting schedule slippage, other unsatisfactory performance or other variances.
- Identify any critical path changes or near critical path changes that could impact individual phase, milestones or project duration.
- Provide written response and approval recommendation submittal response.
- Coordinate schedule comments and corrections with Contractors.
- Schedule deficiencies.
- Complete forensic analyses of contractor's delay claims and related time impact analyses within context of contract documents and good industry practice; examine the claimed and actual schedule for later or earlier completion, identify related disruption and acceleration, if any, and recommend apportionment of delay and gain and any associated additional costs in accordance with applicable, accepted practices, such as AACE International issued Recommended Practice No. 29 Forensic Schedule Analysis (RP 29)
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, consider effects of concurrent delays
- Identify related disruption and acceleration, if any, and schedule delays or gains
- Identify likely causes and accuracy, and note errors or omissions in contractor delay claim or time impact analysis
- Provide recommendations for apportionment of schedule impacts and working with the claims analysists and estimator, estimate any related additional costs
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams as appropriate to support conclusions of evaluation, and as needed to communicate results to owner, contractor or third parties to dispute resolution processes
- Maintain a Owner shadow Schedule identifying actual construction activities dates from various sources including daily inspection and quality control reports, site visits, etc. Project and identify potential delays or schedule adjustments based upon Owner Schedule and utilize to assist in evaluating the Contractor's Monthly Schedule updates.
- Review Time Impact Analysis (TIA) submitted by the Contractor and provide written responses, evaluation and recommendation for time extension as appropriate. Identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Provide LAWA "What if" schedule impacts for contemplated additional work, potential re-sequencing of phases or construction activities. Evaluate, and forecast project status against an established baseline schedule. Assess the impact of project milestones and report status to Management in order to mitigate project overruns and schedule slippage.
- Provides direct scheduling related support on multiple projects on reporting to multiple Project Managers.
- May require monthly support for projects in Planning or Design along with supporting Construction projects within a Master Program Schedule Plan and would report to the Airside Element Management Team.
- May be required to maintain master schedule system to track project interfaces for time frame impacts to electrical airfield systems, mechanical systems, airfield operations and other aviation related disciplines and projects.
- Provides development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans; time scaled charts, diagrams and tracking various quantities to measure construction performance.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creativereporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Participate and review with third-party schedulers to address and provide written comments.
- Analyze and assess project milestones and reports the fiscal impact and risk to Management.
- Contribute to the advancement of PDG's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders and in development of planning and design schedules.
- Support overlapping project scheduling tasks, issue management, meeting facilitation, document control and monthly status reporting to the Project Management Team.
- May assume other duties as required/needed
- 10+ years of scheduling experience in direct support of an active construction project. Preferred public works civil flatwork construction projects, such as roadway, airport taxiways or runways, or public utility construction.
- Demonstrated experience completing forensic schedule analyses of the design and construction of large-scale, complex heavy civil projects, particularly for assessment of delay claims and potential owner's liabilities
- Mastery of Primavera P6 Version 8.3 or higher required
- Experience with Microsoft Project and MS Office Suite
- Experience with Prolog or other Project Management Systems is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for multi-million-dollar construction projects within the range of $30M - $150M.
- Requires knowledge and experience of Project Management principles and Project Control Cycles.
- Must be capable of reporting earned value performance measurement techniques.
- Understanding of critical path method (CPM) scheduling techniques and principles, including ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to track field progress weekly in reporting Contractor's performance.
- Developed reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Worked in a master schedule/sub project system environment including programs in determining progress impacts.
- Must possess capability to report on all levels of project schedules, quality, monitor project progress, risk and ensure project milestones are met.
- Strong oral and written communications
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is preferred
401(k), Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 100% employer-paid premiums
For over 50 years, Leland Saylor Associates (LSA) has been a nationally recognized construction consulting firm providing expertise in the areas of estimating, scheduling, value engineering, and construction management. Saylor is a great place to work where your opinion matters, where you can grow with a supportive staff and make a difference in our project outcomes. We are proud to be an advisor on some of the largest, most technically complex projects in the nation.
We seek like-minded professionals who have a passion for estimating, drive to achieve results, creative problem-solving ability, and a dedication to client service and relationship management. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance. Come join us and partner with our world-class team and do your best work.
Saylor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Leland Saylor Associates
AddressLos Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?