Operations Excellence Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Operations Excellence Engineer
This position reports directly to the vice President of Operations.
As a member of Operations team, you will lead the strategy development and continuous improvement deployment across manufacturing operations.
The Operations Excellence Engineer position coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test and refine processes and practices. This roll must be able to engage with all levels of the operations teams, engineering business process owners and management to innovate and implement processes to support operational efficiency and business growth. This role functions to meet the site’s short- and long-term goals for improved quality performance, increased service levels and reduced COGS. The OpEx Engineer is responsible for building execution plans in support of the Manufacturing processes and other support functions within the plant. Close working relationships and consensus building are required with all other Site management staff. The goal is to maximize value through efficient systems and freeing up manager’s time to focus on the business.
- Designs and implements changes to processes that improve results and reduce cost and eliminate waste.
- Coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test, and refine business processes/practices.
- Leverages data to drive continuous improvements in areas such as productivity, waste, and quality.
- Teaches lessons learned and key findings to departments with recommendations for changes and updates for training.
- Provides direction on improvements to employee training, development, and EHS programs.
- Creates a roadmap for tools and technology needed to ensure improvements in processes and process monitoring.
- Proactively address problem areas and improve efficiencies.
- Streamlines processes to allow for expansion.
- Support new manufacturing technology introduction, operations cost modeling and risk management activities.
Experience and Necessary Skills
- Minimally a bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or technical discipline.
- 7 year experience in operations/manufacturing with minimum 5 year of managerial experience in FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and associated cGMP guidelines/standards.
- Familiar with the design of SOPs, Work Instructions, and Job Aides to improve workflow and compliance.
- Advanced problem solving such as Six Sigma and Lean training, Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence.
- Strong quantitative capabilities. Adept at drawing conclusions from a variety of data sources.
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
- Can work independently with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Capable to organize multiple projects and report and present to executive leadership
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly goal and result oriented
- Ability to train others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential, proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing programs
Benefits of Operations Excellence Engineer
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, PTO, Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Matching
- Referral program: $1,000 with no limit
- Eligible for annual bonus program
Our vision is to make the world a healthier place to live, and that starts with you! We believe everyone can be an impact player. Join Leiters and discover a career, not just a job. Our culture is centered around talent development where employees are given opportunities of growth to make a difference in our company as well as the world. Join Leiters and grow with us as we enter this stage of expansion.
Our foundation at Leiters is built on 5 core values:
Hold yourself and others to the highest standard. Always do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Be an impact player. Focus on great results rather than progress. Have a bias for action and consistently demand strong performance.
Care intensely for our mission, vision, and patient care. Inspire others in a quest for excellence
Be creative and innovative in solving problems and delivering the highest quality products with exceptional customer service. Do not tolerate the status quo.
Helping and supporting one another. Holding yourself and others accountable to the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals. Working together with our customers to meet mutual goals.
Leiters is a trusted FDA-registered 503B outsourcing provider of high-quality hospital and ophthalmology compounded sterile preparations. We are committed to providing healthcare professionals and their patients with critically needed outsourced medications. Our team of experts in sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing, repackaging, and compounding provide a sophisticated understanding of what it takes to elevate quality and consistency of supply in pharmaceutical outsourcing. Leiters combines a highly experienced team, with robust automated processes, in a state-of-the-art outsourcing facility, to ensure delivery of the highest quality medicines. All sterile preparations are produced under the Human Drug Outsourcing Facilities under 503B of the FD&C Act (503B Guidance) and follow Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). Leiters. Where Quality Means Something.
Celebrate, Foster, and Empower- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionLeiters mission to provide better medicine to more people fosters the opportunity to celebrate diversity and empower all members of the organization to be inclusive. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) is an integral to our culture and fuels our growth. At Leiters, we are committed to building a team with diversity of thought, experience, background, skills, and culture. We value the unique qualities and skillsets each of our team members bring to our company. The more inclusive we are, the better we perform. Creating and sustaining diversity, equity and inclusion is imperative as we build for success
BusinessView all jobs at Leiters Inc
Get fresh Operations Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.