Leighton, an award winning engineering consulting firm, is seeking an Laboratory Soils/Materials Technician for our Irvine office laboratory.
Assist other technicians with preparation of soil, aggregate, hot mix asphalt (HMA), concrete, masonry samples; and perform basic geotechnical and materials laboratory testing procedures in accordance with AASHTO, ASTM and Caltrans.
- Soil moisture content, compaction curves, sieves, hydrometers, Atterberg Limits, Expansion Index, consolidation, corrosion tests
- Aggregate specific gravity, sand equivalent, cleanness value, durability, uncompacted void, flat & elongated, soundness
- HMA oil content, bulk specific gravity, maximum density, Superpave
- Concrete capping, compressive strength of cylinders, flexural strength of beams, compressive strength of masonry grout
- Other testing and duties may be assigned
- Apply basic computer data templates and basic computer applications
- Attend all required meetings
- High School or GED equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience
- Desktop computer experience with Microsoft EXCEL and/or WORD preferred
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to follow instructions; comply with company policies and procedures, and follow all safety procedures
- Ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift 100 pounds occasionally
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We have a great team and work environment – be a part of our success!
For more information and to apply for the position please visit our website www.leightongroup.com/open-positions
Multiple Locations: Irvine, Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, San Diego, Temecula, Palm Desert and Rancho Cucamonga
Leighton Group, Inc.
Why Work Here?Leighton is a TOP environmental and geotechnical engineering services firm throughout southern California and we are gearing up and need experienced Engineers and Geologists. We have multiple needs across our organization from very senior to staff level in both environmental and geotechnical services.. Multiple Locations: Irvine, Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, San Diego, Temecula, Palm Desert and Rancho Cucamonga
Awesome company with great benefits and room for growth.