Job Description: The Ajax customer is preparing to transition its core infrastructure and system environments from an on premise custom-built cloud solution to an on premise commercial solution that is operated as contractor-run managed service. This is the first step in a larger transition effort to an ItaaS service delivery model supporting the customer's inherently commercial infrastructure.
The Chief Architect provides the technical leadership for the transition. The Chief Architect will interface with the customer to understand specific needs, assess available technical solutions, provide both hardware and software architecture recommendations, and provide the overall technical strategy for implementation that supports mission needs. This role includes working directly with customer stakeholders to provide status, technical briefings and to assure the customer mission priorities are being addressed.
The Chief Architect must have demonstrated success working with Enterprise Architectures in a customer-facing technical leadership role. Previous experience developing and implementing a technical roadmap strategy is essential in this role.
- Develop Technical Roadmap based on customer mission priorities.
- Direct customer interface for all technical topics related to the program.
- Be the technical voice and, as necessary, meet with customers and partners.
- Develop relationship between technical team, stakeholders, and vendors
- Oversee the development of a robust configuration management plan and implementation
- Oversee the development of a robust knowledge management plan and implementation
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive Quality Assurance Plan and implementation
- Support the full lifecycle of cloud computing management, from needs analysis and environment assessment, through design, test, migration, and operation.
- Provide recommendations and develop engineering designs and project plans for cloud migration, cloud operation, and cloud IT optimization.
- Lead proof of concept development and pilot technical solutions.
- Lead cloud migration or deployment projects and provide technical expertise in resolving challenging technical problems.
- Provide troubleshooting on complex technical problems to include root cause analysis.
- Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve performance in the cloud environment.
- Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and driving product development, architecture, and infrastructure activities that provide best in class product offerings and support.
- Proven successful experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience working directly with development and operations teams
- Experience interacting with clients or customers at a senior executive level
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Quick learner with self-initiative and pride in end results
- Ability to work directly with functional teams and establish implementation
- Customer service oriented
- Experience (at least 5 years) in three of the following areas, with Expertise in at least one: Networking, System Development, Large-scale hosting environments, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or VMWare Cloud Management and Automation
- Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
External Referral Bonus: Eligible
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Security Architecture and Engineering Leidos Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and Benefits Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Securing Your Data Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected] .
Commitment to Diversity All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.