The Project Engineer is responsible for the performance of complex design tasks requiring the operation of Inventor software. Also, responsible for the design of products based on equipment capabilities, construction methods, and labor resources. Must have a good understanding of all design requirements for any given account and direct other team members, as needed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of product specifications with production engineers.
- Consult with project managers on project design, materials, and engineering requirements.
- Produce cutting bills and CNC programming for all parts required, as needed.
- Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing, and bill of materials for ERP system.
- Coordinate closely with the shop regarding product manufacturing.
- Update all drawings used in product development, construction, and installation as changes occur.
- Advise shop of any revisions to the bill of materials.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma/Associate Degree and/ or three to five years of project engineering experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. No certifications required but preferred.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Inventor required.
- CNC programming experience required.
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and independent decision-making abilities.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office plus MRP/ERP experience.
Why Work at the Leiden Company
The Leiden Company offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
The Leiden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In its early days, during World War II, the Leiden Company manufactured wooden products used by U.S. Army personnel. As the retail environment experienced a growth spurt throughout the late 1940's and 1950's, the Leiden Company was there helping stores create and remodel everything from woodwork in large commercial buildings to the intricacies of customized store fixtures. During that period of growth, the Leiden Company secured its first shopping center job and began operating as a solid corporation.
Many companies have made it onto the list of the Leiden Company customers over the years. Each and every new client has presented us with unique opportunities to exemplify our expert craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Seventy-eight years after inception, the Leiden Company is a 130-employee store fixture manufacturing company serving numerous national and local accounts. Headquartered in Twinsburg, we recently added a second Twinsburg facility to meet our growing client needs. Our Twinsburg and Strasburg locations total 210,000 square feet. We believe Leo I. Leiden would be very proud of us and the entrepreneurial spirit that is still a part of the Leiden Company today.