Lehman Consulting and Recruiting is partnering with a company in search of a Sous Chef to drive a new type of hospitality experience in New York. Through the use of technology, and 5-star restaurant leadership, this company has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing all boundaries aside. With over 400 dining and retail locations across North America, you will have an opportunity to not only grow your career but also meet interesting people from all around the world.
Why this company?
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in a very cool environment. And because in this company, there are no limits to how far you can go, they offer the best compensation and benefits in the industry, including PTO, world-class healthcare, and 401k match.
In this organization, the Sous Chef – responsible for ensuring the overall success of the crewmembers through consistent training, guidance, and on-going development. The ability to manage and mentor a team of Cooks, Prep Cooks, and dishwashers is a must, as is the ability to organize and oversee a high quality/volume food production and presentation to their guests. Candidates must have experience in managing a diverse staff. The ability to cooperatively develop, train, and implement food production systems is a must. Most of all, a true passion for your craft and a fantastic attitude are required!
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion for hospitality and customer service, possessing outstanding leadership skills and an ability to thrive under pressure, with the kind of work ethic, enthusiasm, and ambition synonymous with the company culture.
- Prepare in accordance with the highest quality standards and ensure that all ingredients meet company specifications
- Strive for perfection in the restaurant, 100% guest satisfaction
- Assist and help coordinate all menu planning and implementation
- Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
- Organize food production in a cost-effective and hygienic manner
- Weekly schedule generation for restaurant
- Maintain inventory: order, receive and account for all food products and purchases
- Constantly strive to improve operating procedures
- Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests
- Provide coaching and the development for all restaurant crewmembers
- Maintain and monitor proper food handling procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Hospitality, Business, or Culinary Arts
- Able to clear a background check for airport badge
- Able to expedite service and stay organized in a busy restaurant
- Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering, and financial research purposes
- Able to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
- Minimum of 5 years in the kitchen of fresh food, chef/high quality driven restaurant or luxury hotel
- Strong creativity and/or the desire to learn
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence
- Must possess good organizational and administrative skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Approachable, open-minded, and fair
- High energy
- Partner Program
- 401K plus company match
- PTO - 3 weeks year 1
Pay Range: $55,000 - $70,000 plus 15% Bonus