Title of Immediate Supervisor
Annual Profit Sharing distribution for all employees.
Relocation compensation available if applicable.
Operates computerized numerical control machines to cut, shape, or form plastics and composites to order specifications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and understands specifications and drawings to determine final dimensions of finished parts.
- Secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine. Demonstrates the ability to edge find with tools, can call up specific tools in the machine to adjust or change out.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools and notifies appropriate personnel of this condition.
- Measures and inspects first work piece for conformance to specifications and quality standards. Continues to monitor quality using AQL procedures and methods.
- Maintains accurate counts and follows bar code and paperwork flow procedures.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as lubricating, cleaning and removing debris from machine.
- Related duties as assigned by Production Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of machine operation, quality inspection process and safety standards.
Ability to use dial caliper and other measuring instruments.
Ability to read and interpret method sheets, drawings and tolerance specifications.
Operate shop equipment and machinery.
Safety shoes and safety glasses required.
Frequent standing and lifting.
Ability to life and manipulate 60 pounds.