Residential Direct Support Professional
Lehigh Valley Adult Services Coplay, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
The Residential Program Integration Specialist is primarily responsible for promoting independence, and encouraging socialization while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Direct SupportProfessional shall be responsible for the day to day supervision and support of consumers in an assigned residential program. Direct Support Professionals are responsible for providing quality care and support to all consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in Plan development
· Will provide a safe, structured and therapeutic environment
· Act as a liaison on behalf of LVAS to families/ constituents of our consumers
· To perform ‘Activities of Daily Living’ or client care as assigned
· Assist clients while transferring and/or ambulating
· Will attend interdisciplinary Team meetings as assigned
· To attend monthly client ISP, monitoring meetings, and Care Plan meetings with support coordinators and consumers
· Aide in compliance with all State and Local regulatory agencies
· Act as IncidentCommander in the event of an emergency
· Daily Documentation, Scheduling, and Participation in Community Integrated Activities
· To perform other related duties as required or assigned
· Experience with MH/MR, Geriatric and or dual diagnosis populations required
· Excellent customer service skills
· First Aid and CPR certified
· Effective communicator both oral and written
· Medication administration certified - preferred
· Able to work independently and be a competent team player
· Capable of lifting without restrictions
Valid Drivers License
· PA Criminal Background Check, DrugScreen, Physical, DoT License Check,( Non-resident for 2 or more years – ChildAbuse Clearance required)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
HOURS OF WORK
Full Time, including weekends
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate with well customers and staff.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have customer service skills and able to work independently
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must successfully passPA Medication Administration Course. Must successful complete the ServeSafe on-line course? Must complete 24hours of additional training annually.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 50pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Lehigh Valley Adult Services Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual preference, veteran status or any other classifications in its recruitment and retention of personnel. Furthermore, we will make any reasonable accommodation for any person needing such provisions as defined by the American with Disabilities Act. We are an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Lehigh Valley Adult ServicesWhy Work Here?
Our goal is to improve the lives of all of those we serve.
At LVAS it is our mission to improve the lives of all of those we serve. We are committed to providing services and programs that enhance their social, emotional, and physical wellbeing. We encourage and respect our clients’ independence and self-determination while giving their loved one's peace of mind.