Immediately Hiring for this role through COVID-19
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Vale Stream Manager to join the Data Center, Power & Control Team in Farmingdale, NY. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all operations of assigned Value Stream for safety, quality, service, production, maintenance, engineering and other production-related activities. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What Will You Do?
- Oversee the control of plant Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance within assigned Value Stream
- Consistently ensures that area job responsibilities are promptly and efficiently carried out and nurtures a high level of motivation and team performance
- Champions lean through daily coaching in lean tools and methodologies
- Drives continuous improvement in area of responsibility relative to business objectives
- Prioritizes and organizes short term and long term goals and activities in accordance with business objectives
- Practices positive employee relations and develops self and others
- Employee mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective actions as necessary
- Direct, coordinate and control the execution of the manufacturing plan to meet agreed upon production schedules
- Coordinate Value Stream activities through planning with supervisors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage process and mechanical engineering of assigned Value Stream
- Manage capital asset maintenance of assigned Value Stream
- Establish and monitor overall Value Stream performance Visual Management for Safety, Quality, Service, and efficiency
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Manage production supervisors to accomplish operational goals and objectives
- Associates degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
- 3+ years varied manufacturing experience including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, processes and equipment
- Background with process improvement programs and quality initiatives required
- Must be familiar with product construction and application
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others
- Able to foster open communication and support an environment of motivation and continuous improvement
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business
Legrand is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Audio Visual (AV) Division
The AV brands of Legrand are a leading global provider of innovative mounting and display solutions for various audio visual technologies. Our innovative products, sold principally under the Chief, Da-Lite, Middle Atlantic, Projecta, Sanus, and Vaddio brand names, are distributed through numerous channels. Our mission is to provide the foundation for amazing AV experiences through innovative solutions and exceptional service that solve our customers' AV integration and technology challenges. For more information, visit https://www.legrandav.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer