The Learning and Development Specialist will partner with Human Resources and business leaders to develop and execute a comprehensive talent development strategy and participate in organization development initiatives. This includes training, employee development, employee engagement, culture building initiatives, and change management. Additionally, the Learning and Development Specialist will support Human Resource programs and activities involving effective employee relations, recruitment/retention, company policies, and performance management. The individual will work with every level of the organization to define and implement development solutions that provide a competitive advantage for the Company and enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity, quality of work and employment experience.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify training needs, recommending and implementing solutions, and evaluating and measuring effectiveness.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of a comprehensive training strategy ensuring strategic alignment of training and development with business goals.
- Collaborate with HR team members and business leaders to understand their needs related to training and development by proactively interfacing with key stakeholders in order to understand, recommend and deploy effective solutions.
- Conduct assessments and analyses to define performance, skill and knowledge gaps and recommend training and development to drive individual and company-wide capability and performance improvement.
- Partner with the HR team to recommend and develop employee engagement programs and activities that enhance employment experience.
- Design and develop programs and curriculum, partner with internal subject matter experts and/or external vendors to achieve defined training and development objectives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for training and development programs.
- Establish and maintain individual and organizational performance evaluation methods for training content, delivery, activities, engagement and outcomes. Utilize metrics to validate knowledge transfer and return on investment.
- Facilitate group activities including meetings, training programs, team building events and change management efforts.
- Outwardly be a positive advocate for the Company’s Human Resources Team and Human Resource related programs, policies and procedures; initiate ideas for improvements.
- Initiate and assist with the creation, development, and implementation of processes and procedures
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in safety programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our core values of Customer, People, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Learning & Improvement, and Empowerment & Accountability.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- In-depth knowledge with all aspects of employee development, employee engagement, needs assessments, instructional design and development, delivery alternatives, evaluation methods, and adult learning principles.
- Excellent relationship-building skills as well as a high level of social and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and the ability to see the overall picture.
- Effective decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral presentation and written communication skills; professional presence and behavior.
- Ability to operate/work in a high growth & entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and MS Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system).
- Ability to work in a team environment, and leverage additional resources as needed.
- Must be able to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to make sound decisions to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage several projects at one time while providing high attention to details and excellent follow-through skills.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Development, Organizational Development, business, behavioral sciences or other related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources development or organizational development experience.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years directly related to Human Resources development and organizational development experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- General office environment.
- May require regular ground travel to other company facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Legrand is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you'd like to work in a fun, creative, business-casual environment that offers a comprehensive benefit package, we encourage you to apply!
Legrand is an equal employment opportunity employer.