Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join the Finelite Team in Union City, CA. The Finelite (a Legrand Company) HR Generalist supports the needs of the organization by providing a full range of human resource services, programs, and solutions for both our Union City and Livermore factories. This role is responsible for executing a wide variety of HR activities, including staffing and onboarding, compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, company events, training and development, health and safety administration (OSHA and Workers’ Comp) policy interpretation and application, compliance of labor laws/regulatory requirements and HR/Payroll System transactions. Interfaces with both Finelite and Legrand HR staff on HR projects and implements new or revised policies, processes and programs. This role will also be involved in company-wide activities and participate in cross functional teams. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and who can both manage deadlines and people effortlessly.
What Will You Do?
- Provide first level support for our Union City and Livermore manufacturing facilities in the administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company practices, state and federal legal requirements, including Legrand initiatives
- Employee Relations - Supports factory and office management and supervisors with employee relations issues. Provides interface with employees, offering information and support to help resolve issues. Conducts investigations into employee complaints or issues with appropriate documentation and sense of urgency. Keeps HR and entity leadership informed of situations that arise and may handle investigations or coach assigned management teams.
- Worker’s Compensation and Leaves of Absence – Partners with employee and insurance provider on any Worker’s Compensation claims or Leave of Absence requests. Provides interface with employees, offering information and support to help resolve issues and/or pointing them toward available resources to assist them.
- Health & Safety – Responsible for partnering with Lean Team on Health & Safety initiatives, including Safety Committee, training, and reporting. May also involve development of safety initiatives and Action Teams to resolve safety issues.
- Recruiting – Responsible for Factory & Office recruitment and recruiting related activities, including but not limited to posting openings both internally and externally sourcing direct hire candidates, reviewing applications, applicant tracking, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and all related follow-up through the offer and new hire process (including new hire orientation). Includes internal and external communications to HR, Finelite personnel, and candidates and partnering with local temp agencies. Also responsible for researching local market compensation.
- Benefits - Works closely with Finelite and Legrand benefits staff to prepare for Open Enrollment, coordinating open enrollment materials, employee communications, updating the system and resolving any issues that might arise. Assists employees with benefit issues, mid-year changes, new employee benefits enrollment, etc.
- General HR Duties: Responsible for general HR support including (but not limited to) routine HR questions, company events such as Quarterly meetings (including ordering service awards and lunch), employee file maintenance, updating bulletin boards as needed, employment verifications, maintaining New Hire documents and creating New Hire packets. Also supports internal training and development programs and initiatives and prepares and accurately processes personnel actions via change forms, terminations, LOA requests in HRIS. Also responsible for Performance Review management.
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned and required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in the process of completing Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Liberal Arts degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. HRCI/SHRM credentials (PHR/SHRM-CP) a plus.
- Minimum 2-4 years of solid, progressive HR experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly desired.
- HRCI/SHRM credentials (PHR/SHRM-CP) a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of state and Federal labor law, including wage & hour, benefits, worker’s compensation, EEO requirements, FLSA, and CA labor law preferred, not required.
- Familiarity with Ceridian/Dayforce highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience communicating in a factory and office setting with ability to interact and communicate in a confident and friendly manner with all levels of the organization. Solid interpersonal skills a must.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills along with solid judgment and the ability to make timely and sound decisions, understanding the needs of the supervisor/manager, while working with a sense of urgency and priority.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, and remain organized with multiple deadlines while delivering detailed follow through with a strong attention to detail. Must be comfortable with effectively handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Dependable, team player, who is flexible with changing gears and priorities fluidly, and a quick learner who can perform a wide range of tasks. Someone who is highly collaborative, inquisitive, loves new challenges, and able to do more with less.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information, activities or processes, both within and outside the company.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Physical ability to move, lift, and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs. for short periods of time.
All essential functions or responsibilities are determined to be essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. Ability to perform the secondary functions or responsibilities is not a requirement of the job, but an incumbent may be required to perform these duties if able. This job description is not to be construed to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor or senior management, subject to reasonable accommodation.