Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join the Wattstopper Team in the Dallas, Houston, or Austin areas in Texas. Provide factory representation in the field, for the technical support of our lighting control products. Setup systems and train end users on system operations. Troubleshoot and service all of our products. Work closely with Project Management, Engineering, Quality, and Sales to resolve product issues, and fill customer needs..
What Will You Do?
- Review project documentation and specifications for implementation of control scheme including sequence of operation and functionality of local Room controllers, Segment controllers, and all gateway components such as BACnet/MSTP and BacNet/IP.
- Commission and provide field technical support for all control components to ensure proper functionality per Project Management design and specifications. Provide support for BMS integration issues as needed.
- Network with integration technicians, building owners, building managers, and contractors to address any technical issues with lighting control integration, and function. Utilize WS, and other non-standard software tools and applications for the purpose of control sequence implementation and assurance.
- Update and markup control related design drawings and support documentation for use in compiling owner documentation.
- Interface with Project Manager and Engineering team on unresolved, pending control related issues in the field. Network with regional sales staff fostering relationships and goodwill to provide excellent customer service on projects.
- Network with Project Manager and Engineering team on possible product improvements.
- Assist in development of DLM and BACnet controls related training materials.
- Provide support and training for internal staff as needed.
- Conduct control training sessions in both classroom and jobsite settings, for both internal and external customers.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in construction, including working with construction documents. Minimum 3 years' experience with electrical controls / low voltage/ automation, basic networking experience with routers, HUBS, LAN lines etc.
- BS in Engineering or related technical program or equivalent experience.
Field service experience working remote preferred.
Possess significant knowledge of electrical and/or low voltage systems. Networking and programmable logic software systems and tools preferred.
- Basic networking experience required with routers, HUBS, LAN lines etc.
- Possess integration knowledge of BACnet and TCP/IP devices.
- Require good organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Candidate should also be comfortable and proficient in handling details and documenting business activities.
- Candidates should have strong customer service orientation and able to work in a team based environment.
- Strong computer and networking skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Networking and programmable logic software systems and tools. Possess knowledge of internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Possess a strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions.
- Candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and will communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Candidate will be an effective listener, extracting necessary information and validating the information
- Travel requirements up to 80%.