Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Rep to join the Data, Power and Control Team in Somerset, NJ. Responsible for answering customer inquiries, processing orders, researching and resolving requests and utilizing product knowledge to improve sales and maintaining customer satisfaction. Maintains an ongoing relationship with customers, sales staff, distribution, purchasing, manufacturing and marketing.
What Will You Do?
- Using professional written and verbal communications via phone, fax or e-mail, processes orders received by mail, telephone, Fax, EDI, and/or through personal customer contact. Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
- Researches and obtains resolution of a variety of customer inquiries. Expedites the delivery of selected orders. Tracks order activity and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems. Services as communication link between customers and sales staff to assure responsiveness.
- Fosters open communication internally and externally and champions creative change to improve processing and service levels. Provides guidance and assistance to new or less experienced staff.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- A.S. degree in business with 3 years of experience in a customer service environment/position;
- OR no degree with 5 years of experience in a customer service environment/position.
- Experience with manufacturing or electrical industry preferred
- Warehousing, direct ship, or logistics experience a plus
- SalesForce experience a plus
- Experience in related industry and extensive product knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment is a must.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively. Must be proficient with mainframe order entry application, with demonstrated ability to type 50 w.p.m. with 100% accuracy.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment. Must have demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Ability to give and receive detailed/complex information in an understandable way. Presentation and training experience a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions.