At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in Customer Service to join the Data Center Power & Control Team in New London, CT. The market and our customer’s expectations are rapidly changing, their issues are becoming more complex, and they want quick responses. In this role, the project manager will be responsible for implementing significant business model changes in their efforts to improve the customer experience within DPC specifically within the Data Infrastructure Business Unit. Critical to our future’s success, we need to build customer loyalty, stop thinking “Exceed Expectations” and l start thinking, “Make it Easy”.
What Will You Do?
- Define the scope of the project opportunity
- Create a project detailed plan, scheduling requirements and identifies the critical gaps
- Define resources required to complete project
- Manage project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Order changes
- Shipment changes
- Communicate to internal and external customers project updates regularly
- Execute the project according to project plan based on customer requirements
- Develop forms or records to document project activities
- Help determine strategies to move the organization forward
- Provide assistance to Field Sales.
- Provide customer service support.
- BS in marketing, business, or related degree or no degree with 4 years' experience.
- 3 years' experience in demonstrated project management, customer service, or sales required.
- 3 or more years in a Data Infrastructure cabling industry or related field preferred, particularly in a data capacity
- Must have strong customer service orientation. Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
- Basic understanding of data communication infrastructure, product knowledge, and working knowledge of the UL procedures and TIA Codes.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have strong analytical skills and proven ability to effectively research and summarize information in an effective manner.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Data Communications Division
Legrand is a leader in network infrastructure solutions, with products designed to support data centers, building networks and audio/video applications. Legrand ensures maximum productivity in office and campus environments by providing reliable network and A/V infrastructure. Our connectivity, physical infrastructure and cable management solutions support building networks with designed-in efficiency, seamless integration and flexibility to meet changing space demands of your space. Legrand also delivers comprehensive network infrastructure to meet the expanding requirements of today’s data centers, with a range of connectivity, physical infrastructure, cable management, power and cooling solutions. These systems support next generation technologies with flexibility for future growth and energy and installation efficiencies, united by superior design.
For more information, visit legrand.us/datacom
Equal Opportunity Employer