At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Assembly Technician to join the Data, Power and Control team in Reno, Nevada.
The Assembly Technician will work as part of a team to assemble products or component of a product. This position will perform basic and routine tasks in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of the tasks as assigned. This position will ensure that all assigned duties are performed quickly, efficiently and according to the established departmental and company policies, procedures and goals.
What Will You Do?
- Independently perform routine tasks in Cord Prep, Wire Prep, Packaging, and Production Stations.
- Follow procedures to produce consistent, quality products in an expedient manner.
- Ability to log in and out of jobs in ERP system.
- Ability to pull up build instructions in ERP system.
- Perform simple, repetitive bench assembly.
- Perform proper crimping and cabling techniques.
- Be organized and keep work area clean.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report repairs or safety concerns to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) supplemented by college level Electronics Technician coursework; Associates Degree in Industrial Electronics or related field preferred; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months electro/mechanical assembly experience, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solder wires for cables, small wires, and surface mount components, preferred.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Experience with assembly of miniature mechanical components.
- Experience with computer assembly and hardware/software troubleshooting, preferred.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook), preferred.
Work environment is fast paced and priorities can shift quickly. All employees are expected to go outside their primary responsibilities when required, and multi-task job duties on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
Equal Opportunity Employer