PHARMACY TECHNICIAN FT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Legent Health is looking for Pharmacy Technician to join our team. We seek talented partners transforming healthcare, one patient at a time.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Must hold a current and valid pharmacy technician certification.
- 2 years’ experience as a pharmacy technician Required.
Compensation and Benefits
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- PTO Accrued
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible to perform and participates in supporting pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*****LEGENT HEALTH PROVIDES SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE TEXAS AND FLORIDA AREAS TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO EL PASO, SAN ANTONIO, AUSTIN, PLANO, CARROLLTON, FRISCO, HOUSTON, CONROE, TOMBALL, CORPUS CHRISTI, AND DELRAY BEACH *****
Legent Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Legent Health participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at Legent Health