Information Technology Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Systems Administrator, the IT Specialist will be responsible for the installation, evaluation and maintenance of computer systems and selected software on the property. Implements and maintains policies and goals that support the organization's IT needs. Ensures proper functioning of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades. Helps business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency. Ensures computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs. Friendly, professional attitude always required. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Neat clean appearance is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Technical degree in Computer Science or related area; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One to three years’ experience in computer programming or information management required, with casino related experience preferred.
· Must possess effective communication skills, and be computer-literate, with superior programming and usage skills.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple documents, such as safety rules and regulations, technical procedure manuals, instructions, and basic correspondence, reports, and memos.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from system users.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the Team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The Team member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· The Team member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· The Team member is frequently required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
SYSTEMS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN:
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must adhere to Legendary Waters Resort & Casino’s policies and procedures.
· Must adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
· Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Installs selected software, maintaining proper security levels and access rights.
- Ensures the quality of systems operations in all areas of the company, by communicating with all levels of systems users and offering direction and assistance, as needed.
- Coordinate’s workflow, to ensure effective overall operations in the Systems Department.
- Consults with system users on specific project requirements, designating priority and scheduling project.
- Modifies phone switch programming, adding, and deleting information, as needed.
- Routinely inspects all supported equipment, identifying potential problems and repairing same, as needed.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the Systems Department, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction to all systems users is achieved and maintained.
- Conducts an inventory of all systems on property, and maintains accurate records, by updating information as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all appropriate software and network applications.
- Contacts Vendors regarding specific software, hardware, or phone problems, as needed or as requested by Systems Manager.
- Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Programs, and writes procedures, to assist in the day-to-day functioning of the Network.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Smoke free environment.
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a drug free workplace policy and adheres to the intent of the drug free workplace act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
37600 Onigamiing DriveBayfield, WI
Get fresh IT Systems Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.