PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE POSITION
Job brief descriptions:
This custodian/janitor position is responsible to maintain and secure our facilities. The
external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a
custodian/janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian/janitor role focused on building
upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail
and diligence are also imperative in custodial/janitor maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and
- dusting surfaces.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions,
- according to specifications.
- Gather and empty trash cans and metal scrap containers utilizing the forklift.
- Gather all cardboard and pallets and take them to the recycle bins.
- Clean up oil spills from the machine.
- Collect small particles of metal from the floor using the magnetic broom.
- Dust machines, equipment, furniture and walls.
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and restock disposables (e.g. soap).
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners,
- sponges, and squeegees.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to
- prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Maintain outer premises by cleaning entrances and parking lot.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or with hand truck or
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs and ladders to prepare facilities
- for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting
- up the alarm.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
- Familiarity with basic handyman practices.
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Very good physical condition and strength
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 4:30pm-9:30am