Job Title: Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Engineer
Department: New Product Development
Reports to: Manager Advanced Energy Design
Primary Function of Position:
The Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Engineer supports the testing and development of new and innovative surgical energy generators and electrosurgical instruments for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she must excel and be capable of working well in a highly motivated team environment focused on cutting edge technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support and testing energy based surgical technologies
• Responsible for the execution of feasibility and design validation test protocols
• Build, test and troubleshoot prototype surgical instruments and generators
• Root cause failure analysis of complex mechanical and electrical systems
• Manage lab resources, lab organization and layout, supplies, and equipment
• Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
• BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with soldering, electrical / small mechanical assembly, and component-level electronics debug and repair.
• Comfortable using bench top tools like drill presses, dremels etc. to do minor mechanical re-work and disassembly preferred.
• Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies required
• Ability to read schematics combined with standard electronic test techniques to perform failure analysis and root cause determination to a component level
• Perform component-level repair on PCAs and box level assemblies using both SMT and through-hole rework techniques
• Perform functional or parametric testing of electronic circuit boards or assemblies
• Hands-on problem solver and strong team player
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
• A passion for creating robust and reliable products