Legend Management Group's corporate office in McLean, VA is looking for an exceptional receptionist to manage incoming traffic, invoices, birthdays, anniversaries, reports and more. The ideal candidate:
- has excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- is bilingual (Spanish is a plus!)
- can work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
- has own transportation to run errands
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure personnel coverage of telephones and front desk; front desk must be covered from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch) Monday – Friday. Some flexibility with start time, however need front desk coverage until 5:30 p.m.
• During current COVID-19 revised operations: this position does not telework and will work in the office, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch). We have a 3 phased approach to reopening. While the dates to transition to each Phase is still to be determined, those dates will be guided by current, local government and public health directives. Phase 1: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch); Phase 2: Tuesday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch). Phase 3: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch).
• Answer phones and retrieve voicemails; direct calls for Legend Management Group (LMG)
• Maintain LMG’s general email account and forward emails to proper departments
• Receive incoming guests and team members
• Verbal and email communication with residents and maintain customer care log
• Ensure access and security of suite
• Send birthday and anniversary cards to all LMG team members
• Assist with the offsite record retention process. With guidance will manage transition of hard copy records to a digital archive.
• Open, sort, date stamp, and scan/distribute mail and courier packages. Oversee outgoing mail functions including interoffice mail
• Stuff, postmark and mail various items with guidance from various departments: vendor payments, HR related mail to team members etc.
• Maintain a clean office environment including conference room, reception area, copy room, and kitchen.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies, copiers/printers/postage machine supplies, kitchen inventory, and conference room inventory
• Order the catering / food for various meetings
• Schedule, set-up room, and cut cake for regularly held Home Office birthday celebrations. Purchase birthday cakes (in-person) from local grocery store
• Maintain current pictures on the Team Member Photo Wall and other online directories (updating for new hires and departing team members as appropriate). Order and mail ID badges for Service Team Members as needed
• Assist with updates to company spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
• Perform other general office and administrative duties as needed
• Contribute to the team’s effort by accomplishing tasks and assisting with projects as needed
• Comply with all LMG’s policies and procedures
• Perform various other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• Strong customer service focus (internal and external)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good writing, punctuation, and grammar skills
• Good computer skills (including beginner level Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
• Organized with excellent attention to details
• Exhibits the following performance expectations:
o Understands Role, Responsibilities, and Job Skills
o Time Management and Planning
o Quality of Work
• Meets the needs and requirements of the front desk
• Maintains excellent interpersonal skills
Education & Experience Required
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years administrative/receptionist experience in an office environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Organizational Awareness / Civic Social Responsibility
• Have and embrace a thorough understanding and knowledge of Legend Management Group’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Promote awareness of how work performance has an impact on community, hospitality and team
• Communicate, encourage and support social responsibility and participation in company events and special projects which impact the greater community, region, state or cause
• Act as a positive role model of organizational awareness by promoting the success of Legend Management Group and its diverse communities