Accounts Payable Manager
Elm Street Development is a 100% fully COVID-19 vaccinated company and has a mandatory vaccination policy in place.
Position Overview-Accounts Payable Manager
This position is responsible for the handling of accounts payable for multiple companies. This person must be able to work well with the vice presidents and project managers, project accountants and outside vendors. This person must be able to adapt to new technologies.
Essential Job Functions
• Audit of vendor invoices to be submitted to appropriate Project Manager for approval and coding.
o Verify invoices for duplication and over billing.
o Research previous balances and record payment reference (i.e., check number and date)
o Check accuracy of invoice totals
• Data entry - Input Accounts Payable utilizing Sage
• Distribute Proof to Accountants to review and approve.
• Vendor Profile - Gather necessary materials for entering new vendors or making changes to vendor master file. Submit to manager for approval.
• Prepare and process checks for vendor payment to include having checks signed by Vice
Presidents. Moving to an electronic payment system later in 2024.
• Responsible for 1099 Year End Processing
o Maintain accurate Form W-9's on vendors - Scan copy of W-9 to Sage Accounting Folder and file original in binders.
o Print Vendor Payment Reports and Distribute to Project Accountants to Review
o Print 1099 Summary Report and Distribute to Project Accountants
o Input 1099 information, check for accuracy, and prepare for mailing.
o Adapt to new electronic filing of 1099/1096 forms for 2024.
• Research and resolve Vendor Discrepancies & Inquires through contact with vendors.
• File Maintenance - Set-up files for vendor payments and file copy of check and backup
Non-essential Job Functions
• Assist Project Accountants and Project Managers
• Assist with Annual filing of Personal Property
• Special projects as needed.
• Microsoft Excel and Word experience necessary.
• Sage 300 CRE experience or similar software experience required.
• AP workflow experience with TimberScan, Paperless, Bill.com or similar software required.
• Experience with electronic filing of 1099s required.
• Ability to work within time deadlines and request assistance when needed.
• Team-player who is dependable, detail oriented, diligent and highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
• Must have first two COVID vaccinations.
• May work from home two days weekly once trained provided work is on time and meets standards.
• Must pass a background check and have excellent references.
• Good people skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER: This job description only describes the general nature and illustrative level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of tasks, responsibilities, and skills. Team members will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Legend Management Group
1355 Beverly RdMcLean, VA
Finance and Insurance
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.