Electrical Project Manager - VarcoMac
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
VarcoMac is a leading provider of electrical & power services in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our culture is open, collaborative, innovative and fun- all reflected in recognition of VarcoMac as a '#1 Best Place to Work' on multiple occasions. We foster a work environment that encourages and rewards creative thinking. Our employees are passionate about their work and genuinely love what they do. With diverse areas of expertise, VarcoMac is the ideal place to build your career and develop skills in project management, entrepreneurship, leadership, and life.
Employment Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The VarcoMac team has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Project Manager! Do you have experience working with electrical systems? Are you an organized problem solver? If so, we need you!
VarcoMac LLC is seeking a Project Manager candidate with experience designing complex electrical systems for a variety of customers. The successful candidate will report to the Electrical Division Manager and will be responsible for job estimating, job design, project management, and customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills are a necessity to work effectively with other team members as well as owners and architects. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and vacation time. Salary to be determined based on education and experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Estimate and sell electrical work for commercial construction projects
- Design-build per NEC and all electrical standards
- Direct and supervise activities of each project
- Ensure that all jobs are completed to the customer's satisfaction
- Manage, plan, and coordinate projects to optimize the use of labor, materials, equipment and tools
- Secure subcontractors using standard subcontract agreements
- Survey job sites as needed
- Employ latest electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices
- Respond to customer service calls
- Follow all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Promote a safe and injury-free work environment for each project
- Attend jobsite meetings as required
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Compile progress billings for the project and assist with payment, as needed.
- Price and process all change orders for each project.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and environmental or other regulations.
- Manage activities during warranty timeframe.
- Education: Two (2) year technical degree or similar experience in the electrical construction field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CAD skills a plus.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Results oriented, competitive, customer service-oriented mind set
- Good knowledge of electrical construction industry
- Agile: Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
- Organized: Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work as a team with a positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Effective communication, troubleshooting skills
- Problem Solving: Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Project, and electronic estimating software
- Proficient with Conest estimating program
- Valid driver's license required.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
We are unable to provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career's alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC's CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
1360 Blair DriveChantilly, VA
Get fresh Electrical Project Manager - VarcoMac jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.