JOB LOCATION: 10903 New Hampshire Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20993
Who should apply? We are looking for a seasoned program manager with the technical expertise and customer relations skills to lead this contract for the long term in a regulatory agency environment. We are in a large federal research complex with the potential for the Program Manager to expand our work into related areas and share in the benefits of that expansion. The Program Manager reports directly to the company president.
Summary: Laboratory Equipment Services (LES) holds a contract with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to maintain its above-standard laboratory equipment at the FDA headquarters in White Oak, Maryland. Legatus6 is the managing partner of LES. The Program Manager manages the LES on-site personnel plus specialty subcontractors. The above-standard equipment includes ultra-low (-80°) freezers, liquid nitrogen freezers, autoclaves, biosafety cabinets, RO/DI water systems, UPS and battery plants, power distribution equipment, constant temperature rooms, and other laboratory equipment. The LES Program Manager works in tandem with the Chief Engineer to direct the day-to-day maintenance and repair of equipment, negotiates contracts with subcontractors, and provides technical supervision for equipment upgrades and replacement.
Facility: The FDA White Oak facility is a modern laboratory and office environment. The laboratories served include laboratories certified under Biosafety Level 3 (BSL3), ISO, and AAALAC protocols. In addition, some of the equipment supports a mission-critical data center.
Experience: The ideal candidate would possess technical knowledge of above-standard equipment, have experience in a demanding service environment, and possess superior customer service skills. The PM must successfully manage the direct team while coordinating with FDA leadership and laboratory scientists. The equipment LES maintains is essential for laboratory operations and laboratories may be shut down if equipment fails. A strong preventive maintenance program to prevent equipment failure is essential, as is a rapid response when equipment problems do develop. The successful candidate must pass a security background check and medical screening.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of various above-standard equipment with in-depth knowledge of some of the equipment such as refrigeration equipment or sterilizers
- Journeyman or Master’s licensing in a relevant trade (e.g. HVACR, plumbing, or electrical) is highly desirable
- Facilities related project management
- Experience managing specialty subcontractors
- Experience managing an on-site operation
- Experience working on federal facilities and familiarity with relevant portions of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.)