Trademark Attorney at Trademarkia - Tempe Arizona
LegalForce RAPC Worldwide Tempe, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LegalForce RAPC Worldwide (http://www.legalforcelaw.com) is a Trademark law firm in the United States that created the website Trademarkia.com (see: http://www.trademarkia.com). Today, we have represented more than 100,000 clients worldwide in more than 100 countries around the world on trademark and intellectual property matters.
We are looking for trademark attorneys with 1-2 years of experience to join our team in our Tempe Arizona office. We prefer candidates with a strong interest in trademarks, eagerness to learn the entrepreneurship journey of individuals, small and medium businesses, and growing a law practice focused on intellectual property law. Candidates with Law School Clinic Certification Program offered by the USPTO on trademark and Intellectual Property Law are encouraged to apply.
We prefer candidates who are self-starters with excellent interpersonal skills for building client relationships, practical insight, and creativity. Excellent writing and oral advocacy skills are required, as well as strong academic credentials and references. An active member, in good standing, of any State Bar, is also required. The Trademark Attorney candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial law firm, and must understand, identify, and act to achieve client objectives and the Firm's Responsiveness Commitment.
This position will be heavy on trademark advice, clearance, prosecution, and maintenance; copyright advice, and related enforcement. The Attorney is required to provide high-quality service to internal clients on all assigned trademark, copyright, and domain name matters; work closely with legal counsel in the enforcement of company intellectual property rights; coordinate with and provide support to internal/external counsel, team paralegals, and a wide range of internal company personnel. As a member of the corporate legal team, this attorney will be expected to work in a team-oriented, results-driven practice group that works collaboratively with its clients on complex legal matters. Moreover, you should make sure you take time to carefully understand all rules with respect to trademark practice before the USPTO.
We prefer to hire trademark attorney candidates with the following experience:
- Managing trademark clearance, including direct supervision of paralegal staff reviewing and analyzing preliminary and full trademark search reports, and providing opinions, guidance, and advice to business teams regarding the availability of trademarks for use and/or registration.
- Managing trademark prosecution and maintenance, working with paralegal staff to prepare and file with the US Patent and Trademark Office all necessary documents, including trademark applications, Office Action responses, Statements of Use and post-registration documents, and corresponding with foreign counsel with respect to the filing and prosecution of trademark applications and the maintenance of trademark registrations internationally.
- Overseeing (1) the review of packaging, and other materials to ensure proper trademark use; (2) IP audits and due diligence projects; and (3) the preparation of IP Portfolio reports for licenses and other agreements.
- Providing counseling and training to clients regarding various trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property matters.
- Assisting with IP enforcement matters in the United States before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.
- Assisting Patent Attorneys with pre-diligence questions before retaining them for patent filing and prosecution.
This individual will need to have excellent knowledge of trademark law, specifically with respect to the registration processes. In addition, this person should have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical and decision-making skills, and be organized and detail-oriented.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide initial legal advice to retained clients regarding patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, dispute resolution, IP enforcement.
- Analyze client’s business and offer advice on next steps and request feedback about the quality of service they received.
- Timely review and approval of assigned matters, on-time completion of projects, and accurate recording of time activities.
- Respond to the United States Patent and Trademark office actions.
- Accurately document detailed notes for U.S. Trademark matters in the admin panel and other systems as required.
- Build effective client relationships as evidenced by client engagement, retention, and additional services to clients.
- Perform substantive IP research and analysis as needed, communicate and work effectively with Senior Attorneys, Legal Assistants, and other team members.
- Develop the skills for US & international trademark and corporate law practice focused on startups by proactively signing up and enrolling in CLEs. This practice should include advising startups and growing businesses around the world in protecting their trademarks, industrial designs, and other intellectual property.
- Respond to communications from clients and internal team members within 1 business day.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Share continuous feedback and ideas on process improvements for the Firm and efficiencies in serving clients.
- Attorney licensed in Arizona or another state.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- Ability to work in the Firm’s office in Tempe Arizona.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- 1-2 years experience in IP Law or successful graduation of firm’s Attorney Apprentice Program
- Responsiveness - Respond to clients & colleagues with a sense of urgency.
- Rapport Building – Responds to clients with care and compassion. Able to build trust and confidence.
- Respect - Fulfills commitment to self and others. Communicates in a kind and professional manner.
- Retention & Client Relation Skills
- Reputation & High Ethical Standards
- Responsibility – Ensures that the Firm’s Mission is accomplished embodies our values and shows commitment to serving our clients.
You will be paid in accordance with the Company's normal payroll procedures for regular employees (currently weekly).
US Attorney Incentive program
As a US licensed attorney, you are eligible to participate in the Company’s Attorney bonus plan based on the self-originated revenue for trademark and other general business matters that are earned, completed, and filed.
Bonusable revenue from the international originated net of direct external costs (e.g. outside counsel fees, government filing fees, translation, foreign agents, etc.)
Other benefits including, PTO Health benefits and pre-approved remote working, etc.
LegalForce RAPC Worldwide
LegalView all jobs at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide