The Functional Business Analyst defines the feasibility of a solution, its implementation, its interaction with the existing systems and improves both the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project/product they are involved in. This person must be experienced to analyze and decompose complex requirements.
The ideal candidate will analyze existing systems and highlight areas of improvement to support specific areas of the business including Case Management, Call Center, and IT. Assess projects and settlement agreements with an emphasis on creating supporting documentation and visuals that create ease of understanding.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven with excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills. The Functional Business Analyst is strong with planning, applying and demonstrating critical thinking skills, is proactive in forecasting issues, and ensures that organizational goals are fulfilled. In this position, the candidate offers innovative solutions to any problems that may arise often working collaboratively with other parties to promptly address challenges. Routine communication and proactive initiative to communicate status is critical.
Review settlement agreements; analyze specific needs of clients/projects based on various components identified in settlements, and document changes between cases.
Apply, model, and instruct employees to develop strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
Partner with business stakeholders to gather, compile, and provide information for strategic and business decision making.
Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions.
Develop comprehensive guides, quick reference documents, and visual aids for employee and management training.
Build, develop and maintain allocation strategies to monitor and forecast workflow, capacity, and throughput.
Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members as well as management.
Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert in requirement elicitation.
Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts.
Oversee the development of the product as per the specifications.
Facilitate change and configuration management.
Monitor performance, discover variances and propose necessary actions.
Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications.
Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
SOFT SKILLS AND POWER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Skilled articulate communicator to engage as a partner with operational/organizational leaders, project manager, and Head of Project Management and Process Improvement.
- Passionate about process improvement, analyzing current processes, skilled in making recommendations based on experience, enjoys collaboration and motivating team members.
- Flexible to adapt and change.
- Self-aware, strong critical thinker, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- Strategic thinker that anticipates needs. Applies that methodology with tactical skills and monitors with ability to guide and teach soft skills and powers skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, motivation, and conflict resolution.
- Develops, manages, and engages in relationships at all levels of the organizations.
- Exhibits leadership that engages people and inspires trust.
- Seen as approachable, engaging, supportive, a mentor, and a go-to resource.
- Takes initiative to suggest ideas/improvements based upon observation. Ability to take ideation to implementation. Refine the process and lead improvements for next project.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in business, IT, or related field(s).
- Five years+ in related work experience.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, analytical thinking, and strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and instructional abilities.
- Advanced computer skills, including use of visuals.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to effectively analyze results and communicate recommended courses of action to management.
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, and self-motivated.
- Experience in a problem-solving role is necessary.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position may require evening and/or weekend work.