Executive Coordinator (Government Relations Office, Exempt)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT LSC: Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 132 independent nonprofit legal aid organizations with more than 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance to low-income Americans.
This position will require working from an office in Washington, D.C., but is remote until LSC returns to in-office work. The successful candidate must live in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
LSC requires that all employees be up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible, except as required by law. Any employment offer will be contingent upon satisfactory proof that you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Basic Function: The position reports to the Vice President of Government Relations & Public Affairs and provides high-level project and administrative support to the entire Office of Government Relations & Public Affairs (GRPA), including the Director of Communications & Media Outreach and the other program staff. The Executive Coordinator (Coordinator) must be able to act independently and proactively to conduct research, manage projects, provide administrative support, and be an effective problem-solver. The Coordinator works collaboratively with staff in GRPA, the Executive Office and across the Corporation. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps the Vice President and the GRPA staff well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Ensures that the Vice President is fully equipped for successful performance by proactively preparing, producing, and distributing background and briefing materials for their meetings, conferences, presentations, and travel.
- Manages special projects for GRPA including LSC’s Podcast, congressional briefings and events, event registration, material preparation and transportation.
- Coordinates and schedules LSC’s Podcast interviews.
- Plans and organizes internal and external meetings, webinars, and other events. Prepares and coordinates materials and audio-visual support.
- Performs research, gathers relevant information, and drafts clear and concise memoranda, reports, summaries, presentations, and other requested materials. Copy edits work products of team members. Prepares Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and reports that feature graphs, charts, animations, and similar illustrations.
- Drafts and edits internal and external communications for the Vice President including to grantee Executive Directors and ensures all communications, are accurate and consistent.
- Works with Vice President to coordinate materials required by Congress for White House nominations to LSC Board of Directors.
- Coordinates issuance of annual request for external stakeholders to provide testimony for LSC Board to consider in planning for annual congressional budget request.
- Coordinates implementation of annual evaluation of Board members and non-board Committee members and ensures confidentiality.
- Handles distribution of LSC publications and maintains mailing lists.
- Collaborates with Travel and Event Manager to arrange GRPA travel arrangements, conference registration, and itinerary; completes GRPA Office expense reports, reimbursements, petty cash and other financial forms, ensuring adherence to LSC travel policies.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, keeping current a variety of print and on-line subscription services and coordinating services with other LSC offices to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the GRPA Office.
- Serves as GRPA Office knowledge management administrator for maintenance of electronic files and maintains GRPA Office files and records.
- Assists in preparation of budget submissions, written testimony, LSC witnesses and related matters for meetings with congressional staff and members of Congress. Assists with development of submissions and related charts to the LSC Board Finance Committee related to budget submission to Congress.
- Coordinates the return to LSC’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analyst of materials determined by GRPA Office staff to be responsive to FOIA requests forwarded from the Office of Legal Affairs.
- Assists in the selection of and assignment of tasks for the GRPA Office interns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational and project management skills; exercises sound judgment; Exercises strong initiative and is an effective problem-solver; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; excellent attention to detail; strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to draft well-written product, including compelling presentation materials, and appropriately discuss issues with relevant parties; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with full-range of internal and external stakeholders; strong and effective organizational and time management skills; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality; adaptable, with ability to adjust quickly to shifting and changing priorities and tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information; ability to organize and catalog data and information; ability to act without specific instructions or prescribed procedures; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience. Strong research and analytical skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with knowledge and experience with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom. Able to create graphs, charts, animations, and other illustrations in PowerPoint presentations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $73,876; Step 1
Salary range: $73,876 - $83,208
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight steps. Step increases are based on acceptable performance and longevity. It normally takes 10 years to advance from Step 1 to Step 8 (waiting periods of 2 years to advance at steps 1 - 3 and 1 year at steps 4 – 8). A new hire is typically hired at Step 1. In special circumstances, LSC may authorize a new hire to start at a higher step based on a special need or superior qualifications of the new employee.
Excellent benefits package.
You must apply on our website. To have your application considered, you must answer all questions and provide all requested information. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Your application must include your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Apply at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers.
Note: If you need an accommodation during the application process, please notify OHR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our differences fuel excellence, and we strive to create an environment where every individual is valued and feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. We are building a community rooted in openness and trust where colleagues have the resources to grow, thrive and fully contribute to achieving equal access to justice.
LSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Legal Services Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Legal Services Corporation
Get fresh Corporate Governance Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.