Executive Coordinator (Executive Office, Exempt)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT LSC: The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. Established in 1974, LSC operates as an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that promotes equal access to justice and provides grants for high-quality civil legal assistance. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation.
This position will require working from an office in Washington, D.C., but is remote until LSC returns to in-office work. The successful candidate must live in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
LSC requires that all employees be up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible, except as required by law. Any employment offer will be contingent upon satisfactory proof that you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law.
BASIC FUNCTION: The position reports to the President and provides high-level project and administrative support to the entire Executive Office, including the President, the Vice President for Grants Management, the Chief of Staff, the Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement, and the Special Assistant to the President. The Executive Coordinator (Coordinator) must be able to act independently and proactively to conduct research, manage projects, provide administrative support, and be an effective problem-solver. The Coordinator works collaboratively with staff in the Executive Office and across the Corporation. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Keeps the President and the Executive Office well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Ensures that the President and the Vice President for Grants Management are fully equipped for successful performance by anticipating their needs including the preparation, production and distribution of background and briefing materials for his meetings, conferences, presentations, and travel.
- Manages the Rural Summer Legal Corps program and other special projects for the Executive Office, as well as Executive Office and board initiatives.
- Plans and organizes internal and external meetings, webinars, and other events. Prepares and coordinates materials and audio-visual support.
- Performs research, gathers relevant information, and drafts clear and concise memoranda, reports, summaries, presentations, and other requested materials. Prepares Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and reports that feature graphs, charts, animations, and similar illustrations.
- Drafts and edits internal and external communications for the President and Vice President and ensures communications, including emails sent to Executive Directors, are accurate and consistent.
- Researches and assembles meeting materials and participates in the creation of materials for the quarterly meetings of LSC’s Board of Directors.
- Understands the President’s and Vice President’s for Grants Management key relationships, priorities, and commitments and is able to plan the efficient use of the their time by managing and maintaining their schedules of internal and external meetings, teleconferences, and events.
- Develops productive working relationships with all internal and external constituencies, including members of LSC’s Board of Directors.
- Prepares and manages Executive Office travel arrangements, conference registration, and itineraries.
- Completes Executive Office expense reports, reimbursements, petty cash and other financial forms, ensuring adherence to LSC travel policies.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and coordinating services with other LSC offices to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the Executive Office.
- Serves as Executive Office knowledge management administrator for maintenance of electronic files and maintains Executive Office files and records.
- Serves as Executive Office content editor for LSC’s website and intranet.
- Coordinates the return to LSC’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analyst of materials determined by Executive Office staff to be responsive to FOIA requests forwarded to the Executive Office from the Office of Legal Affairs.
- Assists in the selection of and assignment of tasks for the Executive Office interns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational and project management skills; exercises sound judgment; must demonstrate initiative and be an effective problem-solver; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; excellent attention to detail; strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to draft well-written product, including compelling presentation materials, and appropriately discuss issues with relevant parties; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with full-range of internal and external stakeholders; strong and effective organizational and time management skills; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality; adaptable, with ability to adjust quickly to shifting and changing priorities and tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information; ability to organize and catalog data and information; ability to act without specific instructions or prescribed procedures; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years of relevant experience. Strong research, analytical, project and event management skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with knowledge and experience with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom. Able to create graphs, charts, animations, and other illustrations in PowerPoint presentations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $73,876; Step 1
Salary range: $73,876 - $83,208
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight steps. Step increases are based on acceptable performance and longevity. It normally takes 10 years to advance from Step 1 to Step 8 (waiting periods of 2 years to advance at steps 1 - 3 and 1 year at steps 4 – 8). A new hire is typically hired at Step 1. In special circumstances, LSC may authorize a new hire to start at a higher step based on a special need or superior qualifications of the new employee.
You must apply on our website. To have your application considered, you must answer all questions and provide all requested information. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Your application must include your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Apply at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Note: If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please notify OHR at email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our differences fuel excellence, and we strive to create an environment where every individual is valued and feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. We are building a community rooted in openness and trust where colleagues have the resources to grow, thrive and fully contribute to achieving equal access to justice.
LSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Legal Services Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Legal Services Corporation
Get fresh Assistant Legal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.