A highly regarded, top firm is seeking a Regulatory Paralegal to join its team in the firm's Washington, DC office. This person would assist attorneys by working on all aspects of regulatory work, including assisting with research, drafting documents, preparing filings, and other related tasks.
Some additional responsibilities include:
- Cite checking assignments; shepardizing and using the Blue Book to conduct legal and factual cite checking of briefs
- Preparing, reviewing, formatting, and filing reports with the SEC
- Managing hard-copy and electronic case documents
- Preparing Rule 16b-3 Board/Comp Committee resolutions for public companies
- Identifying, analyzing, and calculating potential short-swing profit liability under Section 16(b) preparing responses to Section 16(b) demand letters
- Researching and analyzing novel legal questions pertaining to SEC beneficial ownership filing requirements and preparing memoranda concerning such advice
- Generating SEC filing codes for individuals and entities
- Supervising project assistants and temporary staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using Relativity
- Five to ten years of SEC/regulatory paralegal experience
- Knowledge of Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and internet search engines for research purposes
- Knowledge of SEC, FINRA, CFTC and N4SE
- Experience with reports required under Section 13(d), 13(f), 13(g), 13(h) and/or Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume to Brittany.Prager@legalplacements.com.
Legal Placements, Inc.
Why Work Here?For over 20 years Legal Placements, Inc. (LPI) has been working with the top law firms, associations and corporations in the DC metro area to connect professionals to jobs they can't find anywhere else. The recruiters at LPI are vested in taking the time to get to know each candidate and finding the right match for each individual. Our extensive industry knowledge is a resource that we share with every candidate to help prepare for each step of the interview process and negotiate the best possible salary. In working with LPI, you are able to have direct access to hundreds of hiring decision makers in the DC area. We place direct hire and temporary legal professionals primarily in the Virginia, Washington, DC & Maryland; but also throughout the nation
LPI has a proven track record of helping job seekers find new opportunities.