Patent Litigation Paralegal
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior IP Litigation Paralegal
New York, San Francisco or DC
Our client, a growing boutique law firm specializing in intellectual property litigation, is hiring Senior Paralegals in each of their offices. The firm, headquartered in New York, has earned a place among the top IP litigation firms in the country and recently opened a Washington DC office (in addition to NYC and San Francisco).
Enjoy a social culture, a beautiful office space, and expansive room for career growth. Compensation and benefits compete even with top global firms. This opportunity is ideal for paralegals looking to leave BigLaw for a more intimate workspace or those coming from other boutiques looking for room to grow.
A Senior Paralegal assists attorneys, other paralegals, and litigation technology professionals in various litigation matters by playing a key role in supporting the firm’s clients. This hands-on position provides support as an integral part of strategizing case files and process management through all stages of litigation.
Availability for overtime and flexibility for travel are expected.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversight and management of all case files and logistics of a patent litigation, pre- complaint through appeal
- Supervising, training, and collaborating with other paralegal staff
- Manage all aspects of eDiscovery/document production processes, including collection, tracking, quality control, service, and privilege logs with minimal supervision
- Work with attorneys to calculate and enter case/matter deadlines
- Review and collaborate with attorneys and other paralegal staff concerning the application of Federal and Local Rules, eDiscovery stipulations and/or Protective Orders, providing information and/or suggestions to attorneys
- Manage the processing of client confidential information, including for source code reviews, document productions, and coordinating associated client confidentiality/procedural requirements preferred
- Manage trial site logistics, setup, and pretrial deadlines, including the supervision of legal support personnel, ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks among other trial site support personnel
- Trial courtroom assistance, including tracking admitted exhibits and time used by all parties, anticipating the needs of attorneys in the courtroom, and organizing/managing all courtroom resource materials
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- College degree
- 4-10+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge and/or strong familiarity with ECF filings, including the application of Federal and Local rules
- Proficiency with common legal research platforms, i.e. Westlaw, Lexis, etc.
- Experience with active oversight, mentoring, and training of paralegal staff and their work product
- Expert at Bluebooking and legal and factual cite checking
- Complete understanding and management of the life cycle, logistics and components of a patent litigation, pre-complaint through appeal
- Knowledge and proficiency with appellate rules and procedures, including appellate briefing, compilation of appendices, and mandamus petition rules and procedures strongly preferred
- Trial courtroom experience
- Advanced knowledge, familiarity, or willingness to develop expertise relating to the management of United States Patent and Trademark Office Post Grant Proceedings and International Trade Commission 337 Investigations a plus
Target base salary can go up to $165k (plus OT), depending on experience; position offers excellent benefits including 100% coverage of healthcare costs for employees and dependents.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Legal Marketing and StaffingWhy Work Here?
Awesome co-workers, great firm, and lots of room for growth!
LegalView all jobs at Legal Marketing and Staffing