Chief Operating Officer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Legal Help in Colorado - Ross Ziev P.C.
We are looking for an Operations Director to work directly with the Law Firm Owner to oversee the administrative and business aspects of running the firm. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Firm, and for directing the implementation of Firm policies. The position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. We need someone with the experience and maturity to work closely with the Owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making.
The Operations Director role is a key executive of the senior management team, reporting only to the Owner. The goal of this position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. You'll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen, and work ethics, we'd like to meet you.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Supervise the work of the non-lawyer support staff and vendors
- Lead recruitment, hiring, staffing, and general human resources operations, including payroll and benefits
- Ensure that the Firm's business systems and processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and being followed
- Ensure clients and matters move through the workflow pipeline at the right pace
- Oversee financial operations with mastery of financial reporting and accounting principles
- Manage office facilities and office supply inventory
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Management, Business Management, Human Resources or another related field
- Prior experience running a professional services firm or a division or department of a mid-sized/large professional services firm (law firm experience is a plus)
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Managing a team of at least 10, with autonomy to hire and fire.
- Designing, monitoring, and reconciling a budget of at least $6 million (this is crucial)
- Comfortability in, and passion for, a start-up environment
- Advising & decision-making in a senior management role
- Designing, executing, monitoring, and achieving business plans
- Understanding key financial reports to monitor and drive the business
- Using leadership & management best practices
- Assuring the quality of workflow systems
- Managing a wide variety of projects effectively
- Leading people effectively, including recruiting the right people, developing them into great team members, and retaining them over time. This includes ensuring that all federal and state HR laws are followed and risks are minimized.
We are not looking for:
We are not looking for an Administrative Assistant or a Paralegal who anticipates growing into a role. We need a full-blown, bona fide Director of Operations who has prior experience running a small professional services firm or a division or department of a mid-sized/large professional services firm. Although experience in a law firm or as a law firm professional can be useful, please only apply if you have broad-scale operations experience.
About Legal Help in Colorado - Ross Ziev P.C.
We are a small law firm recently voted Best Personal Injury Firm in Colorado. We operate established and highly regarded personal injury practices all over Colorado. We help injured people fight insurance companies so they can get the financial means to get better and move on with their lives even in the face of tragedy. We've acquired millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We are relentless in our efforts to make sure that another person's negligence doesn't slip under the radar. The people we hire bring a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude to work every day.
Legal Help in Colorado - Ross Ziev P.C.
Get fresh Legal Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.