- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance (MCLA) seeks to close the gap in legal services in Maryland by providing brief legal advice from lawyers to unrepresented litigants with civil legal issues. MCLA, through a contract with the Maryland Judiciary, operates Court Help Centers throughout Maryland to provide legal advice to civil litigants in person and over phone, chat, email and videoconference.
The Help Centers deal with a wide range of civil legal matters, including landlord-tenant, consumer matters such as debt collection and credit card cases, child support, and criminal record expungements to remove barriers to obtaining housing, employment, and child custody.
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance (MCLA) announces an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant position in the District Court Help Center in Upper Marlboro, MD. This position will perform clerical and administrative functions in a law office. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and guide them through the intake process.
- Answer telephone calls and direct phone calls to relevant staff.
- Enter data accurately and efficiently.
- Order supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of case referrals.
- Update online calendars.
- Coordinate submission of necessary human resources and information technology documents.
- Generate reports and other assignments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May be called upon to assist other administrative assistances in other MCLA locations.
A high school diploma and two years’ experience in the legal field preferred. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products, have knowledge of office equipment, and have excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situations. Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance is committed to equity, justice and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland Center for Legal Assistance seeks to hire employees from diverse backgrounds and perspectives that are reflective of the communities we serve, including people with disabilities, people of color, women, and members of traditionally underrepresented groups.
Legal Aid Bureau
AddressUpper Marlboro, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Legal Aid Bureau