Legacy YMCA Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Legacy YMCA is a full service 66,000 square foot Y with a $1.7 million budget. We are an independent Y that has been serving our community since 1920. Under the direction of the CEO, the Maintenance Supervisor will oversee the physical operation of the building, grounds, and vehicles. This position also supervises and directs all custodial staff, coaches others to be successful in their roles, pays keen attention to detail around cleanliness and is able to delegate tasks to team members when necessary.
· A high school graduate, or equivalent, additional training from a certified technology center, or college, a plus.
· Three (3) or more years in maintenance positions.
· Related experience in staff supervision, time and project management, development of schedules, HVAC, and swimming pool operation preferred.
· Working knowledge of floor care, boiler operations, basic plumbing, lite electrical and basic carpentry.
· Effective interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
· Ability to work independently, as well as with teams.
· Extremely reliable, dependable and punctual.
· Maintain complete familiarity with all risk management policies and procedures.
· Manage all minor to major facility repairs in a timely manner.
· Perform preventive maintenance, adjustments, and basic repairs of:
- Pool systems
· Maintain a standard inventory of equipment and supplies at appropriate levels.
· Communicate project progress to appropriate staff and vendors.
· Provide prompt response to staff and members for cleanliness, maintenance and building and grounds issues.
· Implement best practice processes to increase energy efficiency and advise on opportunities for improvement.
· Recruit, hire, train and develop maintenance and custodial personnel. Organize duties and provide supervision. Maintain personnel records as required.
· Ensure that all YMCA vehicles are clean and in good working condition.
· Actively participates as a member of the leadership team, working together to achieve the goals and objectives of the Legacy YMCA.
· Ability to monitor/oversee facility functions after hours
Legacy YMCAWhy Work Here?
The Legacy YMCA is seeking an experienced member engagement director with the passion to make a difference in the lives of others!
The Legacy YMCA is a full service 66,000 square foot Y with a $1.7 million budget. We are an independent Y that has been serving our community since 1920.
1501 4th Ave SWBirmingham, AL