Our Exceptional Student Services Teachers (SPED) are the cornerstone of our support to those students that require Individual Education Plans (IEP). Your success leads to the success of our students. Not only will you receive support at the campus level, but you will also receive support from or Exceptional Student Services (ESS) team. Legacy is the largest public charter school group in Arizona, but we became the largest one student at a time. We feel that building character is as important as academic excellence.
Position is responsible for providing instruction to students in specially designed instruction based on individual IEP goals.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Meets and instructs assigned students at designated locations and specific times.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- When appropriate, implements behavioral interventions up to and including QBS holds (if trained).
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like. Communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media; consistent with the physical limitations of the provided location and the needs and capabilities of the individuals involved.
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Recognizes and evaluates the learning and other disabilities of students on a regular basis; seeks the assistance or referral of district specialists as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements.
- Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.
- Ability to identify individual student needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Appropriate Special Education Certification
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Apply at our website: https://legacytraditional.org/careers/