GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
IT Technician II
The primary responsibility of the Level II Technician is to provide the second level of IT support to all users across the district. Any issues they are unable to resolve will be escalated to the Level III technician. The Level II technician will also assist in the installation, maintenance, upgrade, and repair of all IT-related equipment and software. These duties will be performed under the guidance of the IT District Manager.
- Second Level Technical Support
- Perform escalated technical troubleshooting steps for both hardware and software related issues
- Repair or replace necessary devices/peripherals as needed
- Build out of new computers and set up of workstations
- Perform lead tasks within projects
- Assist in new campus rollouts (staff workstation and lab set up)
- Provide documentation of recurring issues and instructions an end user can perform in attempt to self-resolve for faster resolution
- Assist the Level 3 technician or System Administrators in any deployments or other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
Education, Certifications, and Experience
- 5-7 years of work experience in IT, or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Experience with the setup and configuration of workstations and servers (hardware and software), printers, and copiers
- Experience with VoIP system (ShoreTel), paging systems, programming scrolling billboards, A/V equipment (Projectors, LCD TV, stage sound system, etcetera)
- Must have a valid Driver’s license. Travel is required for this position (up to 60% of the time during the week, possible overnight stays required when out of State)
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) on occasion
- Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to work in front of staff and students while performing troubleshooting
- Communicate any information to both the end user and IT staff for escalation. Follow-up with end users as necessary
- A desire to continue to learn and provide quality support for end users working on the campuses in their District.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 50 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.
- Local and instate travel required.