The HR Business Partner will serve as an advisor and coach on human resources related issues for a fast growing organization. In this role, the successful HR Business Consultant will act as an employee champion, advocate and be a change agent for the business. Pushes adaptation of best practices, strategically identifies problem areas for HR business process execution, and implements solutions.
● Advises management on the administration of human resources policies and procedures
● Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HRBP group to develop solutions, programs and policies
● Prepares and maintains reports related to specific HR projects
● Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to clients (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions)
● Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
● Presents training sessions related to specific HR programs
● Develops, reviews, and applies HR policies and procedures where necessary
● Communicates with employees and clients at all levels, understanding the specific needs of those in question and implementing solutions where applicable
● Anticipates any issues with the organization’s HR function and finds ways to remedy them
● All other duties as assigned
● Excellent communication skills, including effective verbal and written communication
● A great ability to build trusting, respectful, and professional relationships
● Excellent analytical and strategic skills
● A keen sense of cultural awareness that supports diversity and inclusion efforts
● Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
● Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
● Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
● Excellent organization and time management skills
● Perform other HR duties as assigned by management
Education, Certifications & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree including strong understanding of HR principles and practices
● 5+ years of progressive HR experience
● Consultation experience in advising leaders
● Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems, including strong technical aptitude allowing for quick mastery of various, web-based systems used in performing work
● Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, etc.)
● PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and with HR Manager
● Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
● Friendly and professional personality
● Requires the ability to present a professional image and to encourage others to do the same
● Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
● Makes effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Effective critical thinking and problem solving abilities
● Willingness to appreciate and adopt the company’s Core Purpose and Values
● The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
● Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
● Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
● This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.