The Vice President, Corporate Communications & PR at our client's will advance the company’s corporate reputation, strategic business objectives and long-term goals by leading our client's communications activities. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, senior communications professional with exceptional general communications and media relations/social media capabilities within the healthcare industry. The individual has strong executive presence and gravitas with impactful presentation skills.
The Vice President, Corporate Communications & PR will manage the development of integrated marketing and communications strategies and oversee their execution, in cooperation with his/her corporate communications and marketing colleagues. The role will be responsible for promoting our client's through multiple internal and external communications channels, as well as partnering with our client's investor relations program.
They will also be responsible to create and deliver strategic reputation and communications counsel and guidance to our client's executive management to help the organization communicate and disseminate company information among key stakeholders. Experience in change management and culture change initiatives and communications highly preferred. The role reports to the Sr. Vice President of Corporate Operations.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one-to-two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Create Messages and Campaigns
- Source content, write, and publish internal correspondence to inform, engage, recognize, and motivate staff and provide managers with tools to do the same through a variety of print and digital formats, including memos, scripts, presentations, blogs, emails, and other marketing materials for a corporate-wide audience
- Develop and execute internal communication campaigns, including idea generation, development of project plans, and management of partner constituencies
- Drive engagement in internal communications through innovative approaches that invite participation and include sound change management principles—including town halls, video communications, etc.
Manage Communication Channels and Programs
- Source content, write, and publish internal correspondence to inform, engage, recognize, and motivate staff and provide managers with tools to do the same
Internal Client and Vendor Partnerships
- Partner with Chief Human Resources Officer in crafting and execution of company communications
- Align with and support Investor & Government Relations communications as needed
- Serve as media counselor and strategist to stakeholders around the company.
- Provide strategic day-to-day communications counsel to all functional heads
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of our client's related stories in top tier business, consumer and nationwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey our client's corporate and product narrative, including messaging platforms, press releases, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics etc.
- Build and maintain a strong network of business partners across all levels of the organization.
- Develop and manage internal processes to enhance global coordination and alignment of communications activities (e.g., disclosure and media policies)
- Employ social/digital media strategies to advance our client's business and communications goals.
- Manage program metrics
- Manage several critical relationships with Business Unit partners, including intake of communications needs and consultation on best channel, content, and timing to achieve behavior changes
- Manage relationships with regional office contacts and corporate functions to support business outcomes and ensure a consistent and/or tailored experience for all Regional offices/partners as needed
- Develop and execute external communication programs, including hospital partners, referring physicians, patients, public policy influencers, financial audiences and the media
- Collaboratively develop, support and execute strategic marcomm strategies, including social, to drive awareness and growth in the marketplace
- Research, establish, and create internal process and capability around cost-effective tools (static, web, social, etc) to support meeting organizational goals
- Manage third party agencies and stakeholders
- Maintain branding standards and company communication themes across communications tactics
- Help set the strategic direction of communications and media efforts, including collaborating with senior management to secure buy-in and engagement on executive visibility and media initiatives that are aligned with the company’s business objectives.
- Implement and manage communications technology solutions that help foster improved and impactful communications