Mortgage Loan Closer
Legacy Mortgage Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
The Mortgage Closer will manage the entire closing process for the lender. Your role is crucial; you’ll be the last person to review all loan documents and make sure the loan conditions are met to ensure a timely and compliant closing process.
Your responsibilities will primarily include preparing legal documents and closing packages and sending them to attorneys and title companies, making sure all loans are in compliance with industry standards, company policies, and FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA regulations. You’ll also keep track of the loan-closing schedule and regularly provide pipeline reports to ensure our clients can close and fund their loans on time.
Our top candidate will be a veteran mortgage closer who has excellent communication skills. If you have a drive for excellence and want to grow your career in the mortgage industry, we invite you to join us for a challenging yet rewarding role on an industry-leading team. We care about our team members, and we’ll make sure you’re set up for success to achieve your professional goals. Ready to start? Apply now!Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, closing agents, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any issues to make sure real estate closing transactions go smoothly
- Check all loan documents for errors and confirm that pricing, case number assignments, title commitments, insurance policies, and PMI certifications are correct to ensure loan funding
- Prepare all loan-closing documents and confirm they are accurate to ensure loan compliance
- Sign off on the loan funding and help with the post-close collection of documentation to complete the process and any other duties as needed
- Work with settlement agents on any outstanding closing conditions to fund the loan and review CD’s, LE’s, and disclosure histories, and identify any compliance violations
- High school diploma required, Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of residential mortgage closing experience required
- Leadership and management experience is strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of FHLMC, USDA, FHA, VA, FNMA, and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements, first/second liens, home improvement, and home equity loans required
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow and multi-task in a deadline-based environment
Legacy Mortgage is an independently owned company that is Headquartered out of Albuquerque, NM. We pride ourselves on assisting not only our customers, but our neighbors. We service NM, TX, and CO. We expect honesty, transparency, and integrity.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Legacy Mortgage