Restaurant Server - Marriott Pyramid North
- $8 to $8 Hourly
FOOD SERVER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Class: Non-Exempt Reports To: Food & Beverage Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide all guests with an entertaining and enjoyable dining experience, by serving food and beverages through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: NOTE: Legacy Development & Management may unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve a section of tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of Hotel Andaluz food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to sell and upsell alcohol and food items.
- Use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Accept different types of payment and make change.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest's behavior, count number of drinks served and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don't hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests' expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Complete required opening and closing duties per station assignment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer Service experience required, server experience preferred.
- Must possess outstanding customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Must possess excellent communication skills, verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests with proper etiquette, grammar and spelling
- Must be Alcohol Certified in the state of New Mexico or be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to operate cash register and/or POS system and count back change
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, management, and other employees to their understanding. Additional languages skills a plus
- Must have knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed
- Demonstrates consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Dependable, self-motivated, punctual, positive and efficient in handling work assignments
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn new processes, concepts and ways of approaching guests and coworkers.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong team player, friendly, patient, self-motivated
- Professional appearance and manner
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or listen and occasionally required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as handling of equipment.
- Will have repetitive hand motions and prolonged periods of standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to high.
- Exposure to possible hazards which may include but are not limited to; cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
Exposure to heat, cold, and mild chemical exposure.
Legacy Hospitality IncAlbuquerque, NM
Get fresh Restaurant Server - Marriott Pyramid North jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.