Food & Beverage Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Uptown
- $59,000 to $65,000 Yearly
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chef &B is responsible for the supervision of all food and beverage staff, including training, evaluating, and disciplining associates. Is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the entire food and beverage operation, including food production for the restaurant and banquet functions. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain the highest professional food and beverage quality along with sanitation standards, ensuring optimum performance, exceptional guest service and maximum profitability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: NOTE: Legacy Hospitality may unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans menus for all food and beverage outlets in the hotel.
- Ensures all cuisine and beverage served to guests follows established guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and palatability.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and beverage supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food and beverage preparation, by implementing training to increase employee knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food and beverage preparation and presentation ensuring consistently high quality and to minimize food and beverage costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates products to ensure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Hiring, training, evaluation, development and disciplining of departmental associates within established guidelines of the hotel and outlets.
- Identifies training needs of qualified candidates. Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
- Monitors staff to ensure outstanding guest service is being provided to guests and handles any guest concerns or complaints. Identify and rectify operational, financial, and employee issues.
- Processes tip allocation for payroll. Responsible for approving weekly associate timecards in F&B outlets.
- Management of payroll expenses for assigned employees by properly scheduling staff based on business needs.
- Ensures all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with accounting and restaurant standards.
- Completes environmental checklists for dining rooms and kitchen.
- Spot check liquor pars
- Order, purchase and stock F&B products as needed.
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Ensures staff follows guidelines as dictated by Company policies and procedures.
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare management, variance, and financial reports on a periodic basis.
- Ensures staff follows guidelines as dictated by Company policies and procedures.
- Handles all voided checks in accordance with accounting procedures, assists services with expediting problem payments and handles all other cashiering issues.
- Ensures the outlets are clean, organized and properly function and the restaurant equipment is maintained.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Ensures health, safety and sanitation standards are followed at all times.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary
- Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or Culinary Arts Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Food & Beverage management level
- Experience in a multi-purpose equitable facility preferred.
- Proven track record for exceeding customer service and quality standards required.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must possess outstanding customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests with proper etiquette, grammar and spelling.
- Must be able to communicate in English with guests, management, and other employees to their understanding. Additional languages skills a plus.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Has working knowledge of health department codes/requirements.
- Has ability to effectively train and lead a diverse group of culinary professionals with emphasis on high quality, continuous improvement of menu and staff, and working as a team.
- Supervisory skills including giving direction and delegating responsibilities
- Currently holds or has the ability to hold a Food Server Card or has a ServSafe Certification
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Dependable, self-motivated, punctual, positive and efficient in handling work assignments
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn new processes, concepts and ways of approaching guests and coworkers.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong team player, friendly, patient, self-motivated
- Strong supervisory skills
- Professional appearance and manner
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or listen.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as handling of equipment.
- Will have repetitive hand motions and prolonged periods of standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to high.
- Exposure to possible hazards which may include but are not limited to; cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- Exposure to heat, cold, and mild chemical exposure.
- Must be able to travel (10%) within the metropolitan area as needed
Legacy Hospitality IncAlbuquerque, NM
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.