If your skill as a cardiologist is matched only by your compassion, you may be a perfect fit as a cardiologist with Legacy. Here, we value every member of our community, and together we strive to make life better for others. We do so with professionalism, integrity and, pun intended, a lot of heart. If this sounds like the kind of health care community in which you could thrive, we invite you to consider this position.
Legacy has an exciting opportunity for an Interventional Cardiologist at our Emanuel Medical Center location.
Legacy Health offers a quality work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to include hire on bonus and relocation allowance.
- Provides attending and consultation services for patients with cardiology conditions who are hospitalized at a Legacy hospital or are referred by their primary physician for outpatient consultation.
- Responds promptly in writing to referral source with clinical findings and suggested plan of care.
- Provides continuous coverage for cardiology services together with the other cardiology specialists on the Legacy Hospitals' Medical Staffs.
- Development of consultative and follow-up outpatient clinics, as requested.
- Collaborates with colleagues and other staff to develop policies and procedures for cardiac care across the entire organization of Legacy Health.
- Participates in quality assurance and continuous improvement in cardiac care of Hospital inpatients.
- Advises the Legacy Supply and Equipment Council on new technology that pertains to cardiac care.
- Advises the Legacy Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee on cardiac medications including formulary recommendations, restrictions, utilization, and monitoring of adverse reactions.
- Participates as requested in the teaching activities of the Internal Medicine Department, including resident, student and staff education and outreach continuing medical education.
- Participates in the development of other cardiac clinical program development as requested.
- Serves as Attending Physician on patients assigned to the cardiology service as requested by Clinical Vice President, Medical Specialty Services.
- Provides inpatient consultative cardiology service as requested by attending physicians.
- Assists private practice physicians in using hospital services in an efficient and cost-effective manner with their hospitalized patients.
- Participates in education, training, and evaluation of house staff, medical students, and hospital personnel who have direct patient care responsibilities on the inpatient departments.
- Serves on department, hospital and Legacy Health committees as requested.
- Performs clinical responsibilities at assigned Legacy hospitals.
Qualification and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of a four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or the equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Cardiology.
- Board Certified in Cardiology.
- Clinical experience in Cardiology required.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable state.
- Current BLS certification from the AHA minimally required (ACLS preferred and substitutes for BLS).
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the underserved
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled