Managing Funeral Director - Relocation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
When you join Legacy Funeral Group, you are not only joining our organization, but you are also joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. We are seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness. This is a position for a “working” Funeral Home Director overseeing a staff. Must be a team builder, develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
This position will be responsible for driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, management, supervisory, and customer service skills, as well as competent embalming skills.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Provides a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family
- Identifies, implements, and continuously improves the internal practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale, and financial performance
- Engages in and support sales related activities, programs, and personnel
- Exhibits strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
- Carries out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
- Assists in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds, and vehicles
- Ensures all federal, state, and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepares the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensures flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintains reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Trains all staff and strictly enforce all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Exhibits patience, empathy, and compassion
- Communicates calmly and kindly with bereaved family and friends.
- Pays close attention to detail
- Exhibits the ability to properly manage and oversee a budget
- Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, budget software, and payroll software
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Is familiar with proper etiquette and procedure for a range of religious or cultural funeral services
- Possesses knowledge of embalming and burial services
Required Education and Experience
- Must be dual licensed Funeral Director & Embalmer
- Must be licensed in applicable state
- 3+ years of funeral industry experience including supervisory or management experience
- Professional communication skills
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid state driver's license
Legacy Funeral Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Legacy Funeral Group
Personal CareView all jobs at Legacy Funeral Group
Get fresh Legacy Funeral Group jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.