NOTE: If your resume is selected, you will receive a call from a 713 area code.
When you join Galloway & Sons Funeral Home, you are not only joining our organization, you are joining a family with a long-standing reputation and “legacy” of being the most respected company in the death care industry. Galloway Sons Funeral Home is seeking compassionate employees who use their creativity and talent to ensure each client family leaves our facilities saying, “That’s how I want to be remembered.”
The Funeral Director/Embalmer will be responsible for caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including, embalming, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hair styling, and any other preparation required for the deceased. The successful candidate will have a current license in the applicable state and knowledge of the current regulations related to the funeral industry.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Ensures every client family is presented with all service and merchandise options
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication and maintaining accurate and timely client files
- Acts to improve market share through participation in community events, groups and/or organizations and other community relationships as assigned by your supervisor
- Carries out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, pre-need arrangement planning
- Works on-call/first call, in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice, residence
- Initial transfers of decedents, embalms, dresses, cosmetizes, caskets and prepares deceased on as needed basis (per appropriate licensing) to the instructions obtained from the family
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and ensures their experience with the business is of the highest quality
- Completes tasks and details resulting from the Arrangement Conference
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates are completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Conducts and attends funeral services regularly
- Lead all post service follow-up as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Current license or certification if required by state regulations
- 2+ years of funeral industry experience
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Galloway & Sons Funeral Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veterans and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.