We are a customer-centric organization that builds value through proven success in leadership, integrity, and adaptability. Our passion is in selecting remarkable locations, using market driven research backed by innovative design and full-service offerings to create world class communities. Through unparalleled perseverance, our team takes pride in creating award winning residential experiences that improve the quality of life for our customers. At Legacy DCS, we respect our customers and the place they call home.
Summary and required skills:
We are looking for a long-term player who wants to learn and grow with our company. The effective results achieved by the team are paramount to the long-term success of the Legacy Companies. A forward thinker, who keeps track of tasks in an organized manner, meets deadlines, and communicates effectively with management/owners. A go-getter that is not afraid to ask for training, help and/or whatever is needed to work effectively and to bring new ideas to management. This position is expected to do a wide array of tasks and should be innovative in their approach in which they achieve these tasks in a timely manner, staying organized and effective with professional communication skills and patience for other employees and customers. This position requires working closely with customers, warranty technicians, builders, and subcontractors. Ability to communicate and follow-up with customers and resolve warranty issues, while having the professional tact to handle customer complaints. Supporting office management needs and staff.
• Education: A 2-year college degree and/or technical training in a relevant trade is preferred but not mandatory. A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or similar is preferred.
• Experience: Five years of previous work experience in a construction related trade and/or with a residential/multi-family/commercial building construction contractor. Equivalent experience with warranty experience and customer service also preferred. Microsoft Office skills required.
• Attendance: This position is exempt from overtime. It is scheduled for a typical 40- hour workweek, however, demands can be great, and the candidate should expect to work significantly more hours.
Major Responsibilities and Activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Legacy DCS (Home Builder)
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to a successful completion while meeting deadlines
- Purchase and prepare buyer closeout bags for owner walks
- Assist in the assembly of builder binders
- Help manage the procurement of goods for on-site job trailers using and adopting our preferred standards and per inventory/safety codes
- Support as needed for Austin Energy Green Builder (AEGB) submissions
- Picks up edits for job specific scopes of services
- Brix / BuildPro / SupplyPro implementation process
- Review all Warranty claims
- Approve or deny claim according to the warranty policy
- Communicate to customers all items that are, or are not, warrantable
- Coordinate and schedule all repairs with the Warrant Technician or Builder
- Update customers on progress of warranty claims
Office and Human Resource Tasks
o Maintain high standards in all areas regarding the office including its employees and appearance
o Maintain compliance with state and local health regulations (i.e. employee temps, log book, cleaning, etc.)
o Manage all recurring general office purchases (i.e. paper, office supplies, water) as needed and develop an easy to maintain program to assist in staying organized
o Manage costs and stay on budget by requesting quarterly meetings to review previous billings and projected costs
o Maintain a system in which supply orders are reviewed and approved as needed
o Maintain all office equipment and vendors necessary for the maintenance of the interior and exterior of the office
o Help to better office morale and employee wellbeing with assistance in the coordination of events, company calendar, and internal communications
o Plan and execute companywide events and gatherings
o Order new employee business cards, set up email signatures, assist with company shirt orders and upkeep of this information (coordinate with Supervisors on payments)
o Organization and updating of the marketing folder on a regular basis
o Photography of job sites - coordinate a photographer, onsite employees (clean/preparedness) and Marketing
o Customer and employee communication (holiday cards, company emails-preapproved)
o Ensure we are qualified and up-to-date on any office/county/state awards and make sure they are on the company website
Why Work Here?We are a customer-centric organization that builds value through proven success in leadership, integrity and adaptability. Our passion is in selecting remarkable locations, using market driven research backed by innovative design and full-service offerings to create world class communities. Through unparalleled perseverance, our team takes pride in creating award winning residential experiences that improve the quality of life for our customers. A Legacy home or community respects the place and creates the space where people love being home.
Be on the stage of the greatest show in Austin. "Get on the rocket ship" - Eric Schmidt, Google.