Unity FX Artist, Temporary
Left Field Labs Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are a creative technology company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Culver City, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
Left Field Labs is looking for an experienced freelance Unity FX Artist to join our digital events team and help create a unique concept in virtual entertainment. The FX artist will work with creative and technical teams to create diverse and visually compelling visual fx and audio reactive treatments for multi-platform gameplay. Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating assets that are technically sound, visually compelling and adhere to industry best practices for game performance and device compatibility.
You will work closely with creative teams, developers and producers to craft stylized visuals, fx and particles for a colorful and conceptually diverse 3d game world.
Responsibilities to include:
- Crafting impressive, stylized real-time FX assets for characters, environments and user interfaces
- Iterating on elements and fx efficiently and on schedule
- Optimizing fx to run efficiently at high frame rates while maintaining visual fidelity
- Communicating with the design team and development team along the way to ensure assets are achieving their visual and technical objectives
- Required 5+ experience as an FX artist
- Deep experience working with a Unity pipeline
- Experience working with mobile FX
- Team player who is happy, positive, a great communicator and listener
- Ability to clearly communicate with team and stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Able to work in a deadline-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Experience with Unity’s Sureken and VFX Graph
Nice to Haves
- Experience in 3d and FX creation in Maya or 3DS Max
- Experience developing vertex shaders and mesh based fx
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines/content optimization
- Generating and implementing Alembic files for the Unity engine
- Have shipped AAA game titles
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.
Powered by JazzHR
Left Field Labs
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Left Field Labs