Manager - Energy Storage
POSITION: Manager - Energy Storage
Department: Project Execution/ Engineering
Location: Dallas, TX / Remote
Leeward Renewable Energy is a growth-oriented renewable energy company that owns and operates a portfolio of 24 renewable energy facilities across nine states, totaling more than 2,500 MW of installed capacity. We are actively developing new wind, solar, and energy storage projects in energy markets across the U.S., with 17 GW of projects under development spanning over 100 projects. With projects currently under construction and soon to commence construction, we expect to commercialize over 1,000 MW of renewable energy projects in the next two years.
Leeward is a portfolio company of OMERS Infrastructure, a preeminent global infrastructure investor and investment arm of OMERS, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans with C$105 billion in net assets (as of December 31, 2020).
This position reports to the Senior Director of SME Engineering and is responsible for leading the energy storage engineering team and overseeing energy storage development engineering support, preliminary engineering, owner’s engineering reviews, design standards, and procurement support of stand-alone, co-located and retrofit storage facilities. The Engineering Manager will manage energy storage engineering team, work with cross-functional teams, vendors, third parties, and consultants to design and construction Leeward’s energy storage portfolio.
- Lead a team of internal and consulting engineers to advance Leeward’s multi-gigawatt energy storage projects pipeline.
- Provide energy storage subject matter expertise to origination, development, project management, construction, commissioning and operations groups.
- Work collaboratively with the development and procurement teams in sizing and optimizing energy storage systems and augmentation strategy.
- Manage pre-construction energy storage reference design information and tools to support early-stage project development, and act as a subject matter expert for project teams during construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Assemble and maintain energy storage CapEx and support with OpEx assumptions.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of the technical and commercial aspects of contract negotiations, including equipment supply, EPC, PPA and energy storage agreements.
- Identify, evaluate, and direct subcontractors and consultants for project services and deliverables.
- Proficiency in managing a team in a project environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design and engineering expertise associated with hybrid and standalone battery storage projects.
- Knowledge and experience supporting project delivery through commissioning and commercial operations.
- Understanding of performance and talent management principles and best practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Familiarity with the negotiation of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts and technical exhibits for energy storage facilities.
- Knowledge of key aspects of PPA and energy storage offtake agreement terms and negotiation considerations.
- Familiarity or experience with energy market applications and telemetry requirements in CAISO, ERCOT, and other energy storage markets.
- Knowledge of project financing and independent engineer requirements.
- Knowledge of electrical standards (UL/IEEE) and National Electrical Code, NFPA requirements and U.S. utility interconnection standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Master’s degree and Professional Engineering Certification preferred.
- 10 years of Engineering experience; A minimum of three (3) years of related experience in energy storage.
- Position will require sitting for long periods of time
- Occasionally lift 20-pound or more
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 25% of time
Leeward Management Services, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leeward ManagementChicago, IL
EngineeringView All Leeward Management Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.