Facilities Manager - Building Maintenance
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a steady and positive individual with a strong work ethic interested in being part of a great team? Every member of our family of companies contributes to our mission – supporting our client’s vision by constructing and maintaining buildings that enhance our community. Our team members are Pioneering. Honorable. Professional. You will experience a forward-looking, Safety for Life culture which recognizes the whole person and supports your success.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including:
| Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance | Short Term Disability | Company 401(k) Plan | Paid Time Off | Holidays | Education & Training Opportunities |
As a Facilities Manager for Piedmont Facilities Management (PFM), your key responsibilities will be to:
- Perform and/or coordinate all maintenance and repairs on assigned properties. This is a hands on position.
- Regularly inspect and communicate conditions of assigned properties. Perform repairs at owner’s request.
- Answer client questions, provide solutions, and create budgets and obtain building permits/inspections as needed.
- Communicate with clients and subcontractors to ensure expectations are compatible.
- Use your maintenance skills to complete jobs on schedule with high quality work.
- Complete jobs on schedule and manage quality control, completing paperwork accurately.
- Ensure work is 100% complete before invoicing.
- Create and perform maintenance plans for assigned properties. Adjust to changing market conditions, manpower, economy, etc.
- Perform and/or coordinate warranty work as required.
- Build strong, productive client and subcontractor relationships.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to our Safety for Life culture by exhibiting a strong safety focus; belief that the safety and health of all employees is not just about compliance, but about ensuring that everyone makes it home safely every day. Communicate the message of the Company Safety for Life Mission, Vision and Values to coworkers and trade partners.
The work schedule is four, 10-hour days with 3 consecutive days off, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm with a half-hour lunch.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree and/or trade certification in job related field preferred.
- Knowledge of or ability to perform tasks in many trades – commercial and residential (i.e., carpentry, basic plumbing, basic electrical, masonry, mechanical knowledge, basic roofing, safe power tool use, flooring, sheetrock, and plaster).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a working Facilities Manager, to include supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, listening, customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and willing to be an effective team member.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, and a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, multi-task, and problem solve.
- Ability to meet physical demands:
- Climb ladders and 5 floors of stairs.
- Bend, kneel, crawl and maneuver in and around all kinds of equipment.
- Move around building maintenance sites.
- Lift a minimum of 75 pounds to waist height.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, able to grasp and assemble objects.
- Excellent vision or corrected, including ability to distinguish basic color groups, excellent hearing.
- Able to talk, sit, stand, stoop, and bend.
- Familiar with City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County codes and building permits.
- Comfortable working with computers; maintenance software experience, BAS knowledge, CMMS experience, Sage Service Management preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Demonstrate a strong safety focus; belief that the safety and health of all employees is not just about compliance, but about ensuring that everyone makes it home safely every day. Has knowledge to identify general safety hazards anticipated for the scope of work they are managing and ensure that subcontractors are aligned with our Safety for Life culture.
- Excellent driving record; must grant permission for release of Virginia Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Willing to authorize background check; must be willing to take and pass a drug test.
Lee Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer. Lee Construction Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Lee Construction Group, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?