Building Maintenance - Carpenter
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you an experienced carpenter? Do you enjoy working for a collaborative and positive company? Our team members are Pioneering. Honorable. Professional. You will experience a forward-looking, Safety for Life culture which recognizes the whole person and supports your success.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: | Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance | Short Term Disability | Company 401(k) Plan | Paid Time Off | Holidays | Education & Training Opportunities |
The carpenter performs tasks at the direction of the Operations Manager, including rough carpentry (forming & framing); installation of doors, frames and hardware; installation of accessories; and minor demolition as the project may require. They are expected to have hand tools needed to perform most any carpentry task and be able to complete tasks with minimal direction. Carpenter must be able to follow plans, specifications, and codes. Carpenters are expected to be able to manage helpers, put together material and equipment lists needed to prepare for the task, coordinate with subcontractors as required. They are expected to see the task from start to completion. This position also includes general building repairs and assisting team members on projects as needed.
Qualified Candidates Will Demonstrate:
• Strong work ethic
• Good communication and listening skills
• Able to follow direction and ask questions if needed
• Willingness to be an effective team member
• Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task and solve problems effectively
• Ability to meet physical demands:
o Able to talk, sit, stand, stoop and bend
o Climb ladders and 5 floors of stairs
o Bend, kneel, crawl and maneuver in and around all kinds of equipment
o Move around building sites
o Lift a minimum of 75 pounds to waist height
o Excellent hand-eye coordination, able to grasp and assemble objects
o Excellent vision or corrected, including ability to distinguish basic color groups, excellent hearing
• High School Diploma or GED; trade certification in job related field preferred.
• Must have a valid State Driver’s License
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Must have reliable personal transportation to get to jobsite
• Willing to take drug test and authorize background check
Piedmont Facilities Management is an equal opportunity employer. Piedmont Facilities Management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Lee Construction Group, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?