Title: Maintenance Technician Full Time Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Flat Glass Distributors
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of both equipment and facility maintenance for Flat Glass Distributors. This includes trouble shooting, repair, ordering of parts, preventative maintenance and management of sub-contractors when out-sourced. This is very much a “hands-on” position with primary responsibility of actually diagnosing and repairing equipment. While electrical trouble-shooting is a plus, this is primarily a mechanical, pneumatic and electrical motors focused position. Helpers provided as needed but very much hands on position.
Accountability Functions Include:
- Ø Maintain a positive attitude
- Ø Maintain a professional image
- Ø Maintain excellent customer satisfaction
- Ø Maintain punctual and reliable attendance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ø Strong knowledge and experience on mechanical trouble shooting and repair.
- Ø Assure safe equipment handling and repair techniques are utilized at all times by all personnel.
- Ø Advise floor supervisors of equipment repair status.
- Ø Coordinate planning and execution with supervisors to schedule needed equipment and repairs.
- Ø Be an active member of the preplanning maintenance group.
- Ø Teach and mentor maintenance crew.
- Ø Ensure quality work is being performed – nothing is done or moves to the next step unless 100% good.
- Ø Ensure all documentation to include work orders and log books are filled out accurately.
- Ø When issues occur, stop and alert supervisor(s), and discuss a solution.
- Ø Actively identify ways of improving performance.
- Ø Maintain a safe area and clean up after task is done.
- Ø Support the company Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Ø Practice financial responsibility in personal and business life
- Ø Adhere to company policies and procedures
Physical Requirements Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Ø Ability to lift 50 plus pounds
- Ø Ability to operate machinery; forklift and overhead crane
A maintenance technician, working at Flat Glass Distributors, performs duties indoors in a large warehouse environment. There is regular exposure to flat glass, dirt, dust, noise, moving equipment and other possible hazardous conditions.
Hardhat, safety glasses and steel/composite toed shoes are required. Cut resistant PPE if handling glass in the course of equipment or facility maintenance is also required.
CNC machining centers, glass cutting tables, hoists, automated insulated glass fabrication machine, tempering ovens for glass.
Time and Experience
10 plus years’ experience with maintenance and troubleshooting – Ideal candidate able to trouble shoot and repair almost ant mechanical device.
Lee & Cates Glass, Inc. first opened its doors in 1926 as a service provider for the growing automotive industry. Our founders, Thomas D. Lee, Sr, and Raymond H. Cates were brothers-in-law. (Mr. Cates was married to Mr. Lee’s sister.)
Both men moved their families from Georgia to Florida where they opened the original Lee & Cates store on Adams Street in Jacksonville.
While both auto glass repair and replacement still represent a large percentage of our work, we’ve grown our company providing many other types of glass-related products and services under the categories of auto glass, residential glass and commercial glass.
With 10 retail stores throughout North Florida and South Georgia, a flat glass manufacturing and distribution center and contract (commercial) division and an auto glass division, we can service all of your glass needs in the area.
A local and family owned glass business since 1926.
Lee & Cates Glass, Inc.