We are hiring a Sr. Storage Server Engineer to start immediately with a leading Information Technology Service Provider in Downey, CA.
This will be a 6 to 12 months' contract, remote right now but needs to be on site post Covid. This person will Install, support and assist in the design of storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving customer escalated issues involving data retention systems, traditional and flash storage, Fibre-Channel & SAN networking, hyper-converged server infrastructures, and multi-vendor hypervisor interactions with storage and server facilities in a deployed or supported network.
Requirements (MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH)
- Primary: Experience working with Nutanix HCI technology
- Secondary: Experience working with Dell EMC (formerly EMC) solution implementation and Dell EMC Isilon, Unity, XtremIO, VMAX
- Experience working with Cisco UCS
- Storage array, SAN network and data-center systems trouble shooting experience
- Excellent analytical ability
- Strong communications skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time-management skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Strong organization abilities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Strong experience and understanding of the Nutanix platform.
- Ability to work with project pre-sale and delivery teams to plan, design, deploy, and document Dell EMC storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions into customer networks.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Unity, hybrid storage arrays.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC XtremIO, Isilon, and VMAX all flash storage arrays.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Hyper-Converged VxRail.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Data Domain, Avamar, Networker and RecoverPoint disaster recovery solutions.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with data center and SAN networking elements such as Cisco Nexus, Cisco MDS, and Brocade at both an IP and Fibre-Channel level.
- Demonstrated competency with VMware ESXi and vSphere v4, 5, & 6+.
- Understanding of Cisco UCS series servers, Microsoft Hyper-V and KVM is a plus.
- The ideal candidate can address all of the previously mentioned technologies, speak to them professionally, plan for and implement these solutions, document standards and finalized deployments, and hand-off to the customer in collaboration with the Project Team.
Why Work Here?We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification.
Great opportunity contribute to meaningful work and making an impact during these unprecedented times